Transplanting Rivermallow Bushes

I have two Rivermallow bushes that have been growing in my garden for four years. They have gotten huge and I desperately need to dig them up and move them. I was told to do this in the fall, but the bushes have a huge root system. I was wondering if it is safe to dig them up because I am obviously going to do some damage to the roots. Will they be alright if I do this?

Hardiness Zone: 5b

By Lisa from Chambersburg, PA

I can not locate any info online about this bush, maybe you have the wrong name or something, good luck.

Home and Garden Gardening TransplantingOctober 14, 2009
Rose Bushes
Treating Black Spots on Rose Bushes
Lilacs growing near a white fence with a weathered outbuilding in the background.
Transplanting Lilac Bushes
Photo of blackberries on the vine.
Getting Rid of Blackberry Bushes