Use Mailing Labels For Identification When Walking

When I go for my daily walk, I usually don't take anything with me including ID. I thought if something should happen to me; heart attack, accident, etc., no one would be able to find out anything about me; where I live, age, etc. I'm 69 years old so these things could happen. Now I take one of those many mailing labels you get in the mail and put one on my sleeve and one on my pants. I don't have to worry about being identified now.

By Joe from Inver Grove Heights, MN

Great idea, Joe!!! Thanx for the tip!

This is a nice idea, if you were found right away, but if you were not and the labels were washed away, you would be back to square one. It is actually illegal not to have your I.D. on you at all times. When walking you can stick it in your shoe, or a fanny pack. They make so many devices these days especially for carrying your I.D.

Too many people are unaware of the legality of having a photo I.D. with them at all times. With out it, you can be held in custody for any reason the police might want to hold you for, until your identity is proven.

So please, carry your photo I.D. with you at all times, even if you are just walking around the block. It is so important for so many reasons.

Editor's Note: We've looked and at least in the U.S. it is not illegal to not have photo ID. If you are driving, you need a driver's license but walking, you don't need ID, at least as far as we can find.

Thanx, Editor! I can't find that law anywhere either.

Joe,

That is a great idea my mother walks every day and doesn't take any id with her either. I am going to give her your suggestion.

Thanks