MetalCleaning

Cleaning an Old Copper Colored Sink

I would like to know how to make an old copper colored sink shiny! It is not real copper, is not stainless steel. I do not what it is made of, but it is ugly. I wish there was something I could do to change how it looks and pretty it up.

By Peggy B from Philadelphia, PA

I am afraid that I can be no help in telling you what to use, but I have experienced copper sinks in Morocco in the hotel we stayed at. They were lovely right after the maid cleaned them, but were water stained immediately upon using them. There was no way to keep these things shiny. I do not know what they used to clean them, but it worked wonderfully, however, it didn't last if you actually used the sink! If your sink hasn't been cleaned in a long time, it could very well be copper, and could look terrible.

You can buy copper cleaners. They have them for pans. But to keep it shiny, you would probably have to put a sealer on it. Go to a home improvement store where they are knowledgeable and they can tell you what sealer to use.