Christmas Card Bookmarks

I am giving books to friends this year for Christmas. While getting out my card holder from last year filled with last years cards a thought came to me to make bookmarks to put inside the books I am giving. I set to work and in no time at all made several beautiful bookmarks. First I sorted through the cards and found the ones that would work.

Next, with a good sharp pair of scissors I cut a strip one to three inches wide from the card I was using. Next, punch a hole through the top and then add a pretty Christmas ribbon, the ribbon I had wasn't narrow enough so I used raffia for the tassel. I belong to a ladies bible study and plan to give them each a bookmark enclosed in their Christmas card.

If I have any leftover cards, I will cut and make package tags from them, which I have done for years. Enjoy using your prior years Christmas cards.

By Bobbie from Rockwall, TX

This is a great idea! I will certainly do the bookmarks as I have received more than 60 cards. And than we will make tags from the rest. Thank you for the idea!