Cleaning a Dishwasher with OxiClean

Can I use OxiClean to clean my dishwasher? Also, I have a front loading (clothes) washing machine - how can I use OxiClean in it? I can't open it up when it's full of water.

Frances from Tampa FL

I also have a front loading washing machine. I can open my washer when it is full of water. The water never goes above the bottom of the door. When I was shopping for my washer that was pretty standard for water level. I would verify that you really can't open the door. Anyway I sometimes just add the Oxiclean on top of my dry clothes after I put them in. Only once did I find any left over after the clothes were done washing. My washing machine has an option for a second rinse and now I always use choose that when using Oxiclean and haven't had anymore problems. If your washing machine doesn't have that as an option I would just manually set it for a second rinse if you have problems.

why not desolve the oxiclean in a cup of warm water then dump it on the clothes I imagine you can use liquid detergent in a front loader cant you?

We have a Maytag front loading washer. The door does lock while the machine runs, however, if you push the start/stop button the machine will stop & unlock after about 2 minutes. Then you can open the door & add what you need to the load. You can restart the machine by pushing the button to continue from where it stopped. The water level only reaches the bottom of the door as previously stated, the tub is on an angle & most of the water is below the drum so you don't see it when you open the door. The drum tumbles through the water, washing the clothes. Also, additives may be dissolved in water & put in the detergent dispenser on top of the machine with the detergent at the start of the cycle. They can also be put in the softener/bleach dispenser. The softener/bleach is only run through the machine for a short time, so be aware of this. If you want the Oxyclean with the detergent for the entire wash cycle, add it to the detergent area at the start of the cycle.

If Oxiclean, vinegar, bleach or ammonia don't work (don't mix them, a deadly gas can form) I would advise getting a cleaner called purewasher from a site called smellywasher.com. / All you'll need is one tablespoon to clean your washer. The same to get rid of odor or stink out of towels or clothing! The smell hasn't returned and it's been almost a year!

I have always used Soft Scrub to clean our stove top, and recently I spilled apple cider on the stove, it burned and I am unable to get it off. Does anyone have any ideas?