Homemade Dry Soup Mix

Is there such a thing as a home made dry soup mix that a mother can prepare to send to college with boys who don't want to bother to cook good meals? I've sent ground beef, roasts, and steaks and found them all still in the freezer at the end of the year. I would like to make some mixes that only need a little prep effort. I think I care more than they do about their health!

Judi from Elgin, Oregon

I found this one recipe on thriftyfun.

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf690268.tip.html

Do a search on Google, there are dry soup mixes on a number of websites.

check out http://www.budget101.com/ for dozens of recipes for soups and other homemade convenience style foods.

At the risk of starting WWIII, part of the college experience is learning to take care of yourself. That includes feeding yourself. Don't worry, Mom, they won't starve. :)

You could also encourage them to use dried miso soup - It's Japanese and very healthy - send them bouillon cubes and try to concoct homemade ramen - Don't forget peanut butter, too!

If you do any canning try making chili, soup, any kind of stuff a person cans in the fall from our gardens. Or the kids can work in the dorm cafeteria.

Thanks for all the ideas! I sort of jumped the gun and asked for help before I had looked for myself. I've found several recipes. Yes, Marna, I know they won't starve but I raised them to eat healthy and Burger King isn't doing it MY way. I've been accused of being over protective all their lives and I've decided if that's my biggest flaw, they have it pretty good. I just want to do something nice for them.

minestrone soup
Making Homemade Dry Soup Mix
Food and Recipes Recipes SoupsNovember 27, 2007
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Onion Soup
Dry Onion Soup Mix Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
🎄
🍂