Let The Garden Take Care Of Itself

I have found that the more I work a garden, the less yield I get.

For the first time in my life I am working less on my garden, and spending more time simply enjoying it. Perhaps it is possible to overwork a garden, as I am working less on it, and the garden is proving to be a success.

By Maryjo from Salem, WV

I have found this with my plants but I'd sure love to know what your not doing with your garden. d

Maryjo, show them your corn!!! Hugs, GG Vi

Here in West Michigan, the humidity sure is helping the growing season also. Didn't think it was much good (in my opinion), but the plants sure love it!

Yes that seems to be true. However, for anyone who reads the Bible there is a notation that as God rested so should we. Also, the animals and the crops! However, the crops/fields are to rest for one year where nothing is planted in them this should occur once every 7 years. Any crops that come back on their own are to be given to the poor. So how many years has it been since you planted your last garden? Did you give the soil a one year rest? I did and couldn't believe the results the following year!

Funny. When I was younger and poorer and planted my vegetable garden, I'd just let the weeds grow up with the plants. The weeds would shade the plants when they were young. When the weeds were about 10 inches tall, I'd pull them and lay them around the plants for my mulch. They kept the moisture in, blocked new weeds from growing, and added compost to the soil. I always had a beautiful garden. Now, I pull weeds when they are small, buy mulch for my garden, baby my plants, and my garden is never as nice as it used to be. I've been seriously thinking about going back to my old ways.

A female gardener wearing a green apron.
Gardening Tips and Tricks
Home and Garden Gardening Growing Growing FoodJuly 20, 2008
Septic Safe Cleaners
Septic Safe Cleaners
Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
Gardening Advice
female hand shaving legs
Asking Your Parents to Let You Shave