Lighted Dog Collar For Safety

I just found a site that is perfect for anyone with a dog or a cat. Whether you walk your dog or take him on car trips or whatever. Using a lighted collar and leash would greatly improve the pet's safety! And the prices are very reasonable too! I plan on getting one for each of my dogs.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

There are blinking lights that are used for hunting dogs' collars, so the hunters can find them easily. They are about $15 each. Auto Zone sells some similar, to be used on the backs of any type load that is hauled, so other autos can see it. They can be used in the same way, and are much less expensive.

I put one on my pups collar when he has to go outside at night, it keeps the owls from thinking he is a tasty rat or mouse!

June 10, 2012 Flag

I'm looking for ideas on how to make a dog collar that will light up at night so I know where my dogs are at all times or a website that sells them. We live out in the country so you never know what animal will come up to the house and all my babies run free, they are not penned up.

I want to be able to know if it is my dog or a wild animal. I also want something so people will see them and not run them over. I'm looking for a collar that will light up at night and possibly be where it is solar charged.

I have bought the hearts that you buy at pet stores, but they always come off when the dogs are playing. I have also sprayed their collars with glow in the dark paint and it just washed off too fast. So I was thinking that a solar powered collar would be awesome.

By Renee M.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You love your dogs, but let them run during the night! This is irresponsible, and dangerous.

She lives in the country. Not likes she's letting the dogs run in the street in downtown NY City.

chloelizabeth, Since you didn't ask let me tell you. They are my babies and I love them very much that is the whole reason for the lighted collar! We live in the middle of 200+ acres the nearest house is miles away, my pets do not leave our property. How do I know this because they don't leave our yard without someone with them, so that pretty much smashes the inconsiderate part. I wanted the collars so I can see them when it gets dark outside & for their safety!

Even though we live in the country we do have visitors & also we have our business out here therefore there is going to be traffic out here when it is dark & also from all the idiots out there that likes to hunt after dark and come onto other peoples property. I have a doggie door that they use until it is time for bed when I close it. My babies are trained not to use the bathroom in the house just like a small child they will wake you up if they need to go potty.

Then the next morning they are free to come & go as they please. I currently have 4 babies: Garfield (cat) 7 yrs, Snoop (dachshund) 5 years, Chip (rat terrier/chi mix) 4 yrs, Monty (IDK was rescued looks like a mini pin/chi mix) 6 months & Quest (boxer) 6 months. . 2 are inside dogs they come & go as they please, 2 are outside dogs at their choice they can come through the doggie door if they want & 1 that likes both inside & outside.

We don't have a fence around our yard we do however have a dog kennel for them when we have to go somewhere. In the summer they have food, a kiddie pool, a big tree for shade, 2 houses (1 is a breeze way) & a fan that points at them.

When they are not in it the gate is always opened for them to go in or out as they please the same in winter only it is covered in stray so they don't have to walk on the cold ground, food & water, 2 houses (we cover the breeze way 1 up) the kennel is covered on the sides to block the wind & cover 1/2 of the top of the kennel. Now that doesn't sound like a irresponsible, inconsiderate person or someone that would put their pets in any danger does it?

Thank you Suntydt for the links and TXBetty for reading the part that says "I live in the country"

P.S. All my babies do have reflective collars, id tags & a bell on them not only can I see where they are but I also can hear them!

Pets DogsAugust 25, 2009
Dog with a Flea Collar
Using a Flea Collar
stings of beads and lights
Ideas for Making Lighted Home Decor
dress shirt
Collar Stay Replacement Ideas
Glass Blocks
Putting Pictures on Lighted Glass Blocks