"Secret Place" Beach Bottle
With a deep sea theme at Bible school this year, it seemed appropriate to do a beach scene which reminds kids that we all need a place to meditate and pray in order to recharge our batteries from time to time. This would also be good for a pool party or other sea-themed party or program.
Approximate Time: 10-15 minutes
- single-serving clear water bottles, clean, labels removed
- sand about 3/4 cup for each
- beads, small shells, sequins, shell noodles, glitter, confetti, stones, etc.
- raffia, twine, or yarn
- tags with holes
- scoops or funnels
- stickers (optional)
- charms or crosses (optional)
- This is best done outside. Make sure bottles are dry inside. Add enough sand so that bottle is a little less than half full.
- Set out your other items and let the kids put two or three of each in the bottles.
- Put the lid on tightly.
- Have them write their name on one side of the tag and a Bible verse (or quote) on the other side. (I made my tags out of maps).
- Put raffia or twine through the hole and tie to bottle neck. Add a charm or foam cross, if desired.
- Add stickers to the outside, if desired.
- Display the bottle on its side. The beads and shells and things will lay on the top.
NOTE: For preschoolers, omit the tags and raffia.
By Cindy from Waynesburg, PA
July 6, 20100 found this helpful
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 29, 2016 at 3:36:21 AM on 10.0.2.175 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us