With a deep sea theme at Bible school this year, it seemed appropriate to do a beach scene which reminds kids that we all need a place to meditate and pray in order to recharge our batteries from time to time. This would also be good for a pool party or other sea-themed party or program.
Approximate Time: 10-15 minutes
- single-serving clear water bottles, clean, labels removed
- sand about 3/4 cup for each
- beads, small shells, sequins, shell noodles, glitter, confetti, stones, etc.
- raffia, twine, or yarn
- tags with holes
- scoops or funnels
- stickers (optional)
- charms or crosses (optional)
- This is best done outside. Make sure bottles are dry inside. Add enough sand so that bottle is a little less than half full.
- Set out your other items and let the kids put two or three of each in the bottles.
- Put the lid on tightly.
- Have them write their name on one side of the tag and a Bible verse (or quote) on the other side. (I made my tags out of maps).
- Put raffia or twine through the hole and tie to bottle neck. Add a charm or foam cross, if desired.
- Add stickers to the outside, if desired.
- Display the bottle on its side. The beads and shells and things will lay on the top.
NOTE: For preschoolers, omit the tags and raffia.
By Cindy from Waynesburg, PA