Making Ornaments and Napkin Holders

My mother and I made our own holiday ornaments for the Christmas tree. We bought clear tree ornaments and different colors of craft paint. We put 1-3 colors in the bottom then twisted and twirled the bulbs so the paint covered the inside. Then when we were done we turned them upside down in a paper cup so the excess paint could drain out.

Another gift tip is making napkin holders from felt and craft paint (to draw on the felt) or placemats made from felt. I made these one year for my family and wrote their names on them so they would know where to sit each year for family gatherings and dinners. These are inexpensive and it lets your family know that it came from the heart knowing that they are hand made. Hope you enjoy and have fun making these great gifts!

By Heather from Holden, MO

Santa gourds.
Homemade Christmas Decorations
Crafts Christmas DecorationsDecember 7, 2005
Two completed stockings, one with lace and one with bandana fabric.
Making Mini Denim Christmas Stockings
Recycled Wrapping Paper Christmas Lamps
Recycled Wrapping Paper Christmas Lamps
Turkey Napkin Ring For Thanksgiving
Making Thanksgiving Napkin Holders
Blue ribbon and snowflake napkin ring
Homemade Napkin Ring Ideas