Odor on Prom Dresses

My daughter stored her prom dresses in my basement for several years. It's picked up an odor akin to cigarette smoke. She took it to a professional dry cleaners. They said nothing could be done. She now has them hanging in her garage.

Jerry Sweeney

Hang them outdoors overnight.

I have removed terrible musty and mildew odors from clothing by putting a paper envelope with fresh coffee grounds (right from the can) in a plastic bag with the garments. I folded the garments and put the envelope with coffee in the middle. It may take a week or more but leave it until it is odor free.

I put a bag of charcoal and the fresh coffee grounds into my huge plastic city issued trash can and closed the lid and two days later the horrific odor was gone. Try it with the dresses in a plastic bin or large trash bags. Good luck!

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsAugust 31, 2005
Closet full of prom dresses.
Planning a Prom Dress Re-Sale Event
Three girls wearing prom dresses.
Saving Money on Prom Dresses
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Couple Going to Prom
Saying Yes to a Prom Invitation