Painting Walls Different Colors in a Bedroom

I am painting my bedroom and was wondering if I use two different colors is it better to: Paint one wall one color and three walls the other color. Or: Paint two walls one color and two walls the other color. Also, if I use a light blue and a light pink which walls should be what? I have I large window in my room, but the bed isn't on that wall.

By EMPSTER from Portland, OR

Best Answer

Paint the walls with the windows in the lighter color. When the sun shines in and the wall is very dark it may look black. I know this because I painted the wrong wall in a deep burgundy :)

Best Answer

I would paint one wall a color and the other three the other color.

Best Answer

Paint the largest wall (the wall without a window or door or the wall with the most sq feet) the darkest shade of paint color.

Use one wall as an accent wall to dry attention to an architectural interest or general focal point of a room. Paint the other walls a different color and draw out the color of your accent wall with pillows, candles or pictures against along the other walls. Paint the wall that has your bed/headboard against is pink. and the rest of the walls blue, then the wall with the window I suggest adding some drapes with some pink in them so they accent the color of the wall by your bed :) My bedroom at my parent's place used to be turquoise and pink. I had a pink wall behind my headboard :)

I agree with one wall as an accent. You don't want to create confusion by having too many focal points. Another option is to do some faux/decorative painting, either the whole room or just one wall as an accent.

http://www.oldhouseweb.com/architec ... and-design/decorative-painting.shtml

Paint the wall with the largest area in the darker color. I did this in two rooms I painted a pale turquoise on 3 walls & painted a darker turquoise on the one wall with no windows or doors. The other was pale orange on 3 walls & orange on the wall with the entry door in it. Looks great even though I usually have great difficulty just choosing a color. Be brave and remember you can always repaint a bad choice.

If it were me, I would paint the wall with the window the pale blue, paint the window trim an even paler blue,then get the palest blue or white shades I could find,and no more window treatments than that.

The reason is: open up that wall! Your room will seem much larger with the beautiful blue sky, then blue walls, and only a fluffy white cloud or two to match your blinds. It will give the effect of the room being open and bright. Then as the morning sun streams in, the pink on the other walls will be a very warm,rosy-coral peach,about 10 o'clock, it will begin to lighten to just pink, then closer to high noon, it will become the palest pink possible,your room will seem unbelievably clean and airy,all the way to about 4 o'clock, when the pink will begin to gradually darken,until sunset begins, at which time it will begin to take on the colors of the sunset, whether it be purples or glowing reds and oranges,all the way to bedtime, when it begins to take on its darkest hue, almost lilac. All of these colors will reflect back on the blue wall,and its colors will be more subtle changes, but still there to enjoy.

Then close the blinds,and curl up, knowing your room has been sanitized and freshened all day with nature's best disinfectant, pure sunshine!

I would paint the wall behind the bed one color, the darker color and the other three the lighter color. I really don't think that pink and blue would look good on walls.

Why not try two shades of pink or blue.

I used blue and white paints. Had to make room look bigger. The white direction looked bigger, so depending on which way your furniture is for the look you want. We had 6 x8 foot small room. I also did in another bedroom the blue walls and then dumped white into the remaining so it was a couple shades lighter. Same result. My boys loved it. Not boring room, and they did not care it was not high tech. Boys don't like cute as they grow up. Clean and simple.

Painting Walls Multiple Colors
Painting Walls Multiple Colors
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating BedroomJune 24, 2010
Teen Bedroom
Decorating a Teen Bedroom
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
showerhead against tan wall
Painting Formica Shower Walls
Green Plaster Walls
Painting Plaster Walls
🎉
🎄