Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Nu-Wave Oven Turkey Instructions

I ordered a Nu-Wave Oven, but the recipe books are on backorder. Does anyone have the turkey cooking instructions? Thank you.

chickaroo from Haverhill, Mass.

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By D77711/25/2010

I cooked an almost 12 pound turkey in the NuWave today. From frozen; 25 minutes per pound. I added an extra 15 or 20 minutes. It came out perfect. Yummy. Have had my Nu-Wave for almost 2 years.. We love it! First, time for turkey. I don't know why others are having problems. We brought direct from company. Maybe others are generic?

By Doug11/24/2010

Just a little correction to my last post I did know times are per side witch makes it 40 total per pound. In the nu wave oven, after all infra-red same heat as almost any heating element convection. A fan, same as any convection oven.
Conduction, when things are touching hot meat heating cold. Duh, on me. Should have known there was no magic.

By Doug11/24/2010

I took a chance and bought one at a local store. It said it would cook from frozen. I tried 2 chicken breast
done on outside frozen on inside. I tried a 3 lb turkey breast with increased time about 20 min per lb. Done on the outside, cold on the inside. If I go longer on time for a 10 lb turkey, it will take twice as long as a browning bag in a conventional oven. May work ok on thin stuff, but no better than a George Foreman type grill. I have been robbed of $120, without a gun.

By Joyce (Guest Post)12/28/2008

Looking for a time chart for meats, chicken, steaks, etc.
Thanks

By Holly (Guest Post)12/08/2008

The Nu-Wave Oven is fantastic! I got mine at <a href="http://www.harrietcarter.com/index. ... c-2b10-4b06-a2bd-bb312a06e0cf/" title="Nu-Wave Oven">Harriet Carter</a>

By Holly [350]11/29/2008

I had one of these ovens and found that the fan blew lighter weight food all over the place and burned stationary food on the top (windburn + heat).
If you are going to do something like french fries, keep an eagle eye on it the first time to make sure you don't have these problems.

By Gail/ tyytjones AT yahoo.ca (Guest Post)11/26/2008

Luckily I just received my NuWave Oven on Tuesday, and my came with the recipe books, so here goes Turkey up to l0 lbs.
Season inside and out with salt and pepper and any other favourite seasoning. NuWave on Hl for about l5 mins. per pound. Place breast side down on l" rack and turn half way through cooking time. Season the top and continue to cook the rest of the time.
FROZEN: Following instructions above, but NuWave 25 minutes per pound.
Anything over l0 lbs must have the Extender Ring accessory. The above is from the recipe booklet. However the Quick and Easy Cooking Guide plastic chart states whole turkey 12 min per lb fresh l5 min per lb frozen for whole turkeys. So the oven temperature should be l80 F (82C)
They also recommend you use a easy read oven thermometer. Hope this gets to you in time. Happy Thanksgiving. Gail in Canada

I also have one of their recipe cards they sent as a free gift I'll type out now if it helps as well.

ROASTED TURKEY WITH APPLES, ONIONS, FRIED SAGE AND APPLE CIDER GRAVY WITH CORNBREAD STUFFING

12 TO 15 lb turkey
half cup melted butter
half cup apple cider
STUFFING
l box Stove Top Cornbread Stuffing Mix
3 Granny Smith Apples cored and cut into chunks
half lb red pearl onions peeled
l/4 cup melted butter
4 fresh sage leaves chopped
2 celery ribs diced no leaves
salt and pepper
Gravy
turkey neck and giblets
4 cups water
4 tsp Bouillon chicken base
l cup apple cider
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
l/4 cup flour
l/4 cup fat from pan juices
l tablespoon fried sage leaves chopped
Cooking Instructions:
l. After the turkey is completely thawed, remove neck and giblets.
2 Wash inside and outside of the turkey with cold water
3 In a medium size bowl, combine all stuffing ingredients
4 Fill turkey cavity with stuffing
4A Combine melted butter and apple cide to make apple glaze
Place the turkey on the l inch rack breast side down
7 Place extender ring in between the base tray and the dome

Important Extender ring is required to accommodate turkey between ll to l6 lbs.
Cook l2 minutes per pound. Total cook time will be about 2 hours 36 mins. Be sure to turn the turkey over at the half way point about l hr l8 mins
During the last 20 minutes of cooking prepare the gravy
Combine water, chicken base apple cider, vinegar, neck and giblets in a bowl.
In a skillet add fat from the liner pan, bring to a boil. Easier method use a turkey baster.
Add flour to the skillet and cook roux over low heat. Whisk until lumps dissolve. This may take about 3 minutes.
Pour the liquid mixture prepared in #l into the roux
Continue to simmer while whisking continuously until thickened.
Remove neck and giblets
Add sage, salt, and pepper to taste.
OPTIONS
Make sure to rest the turkey about l5 mins before carving.
This recipe will also work with a Frozen turkey Simply modify the cook time to l5 mins lb.
Cook frozen turkey breast side down for l hour remove nick and giblets
Fill turkey cavity with stuffing Continue to cook for an additional 38 minutes
Turn the turkey breast side up. Apply apple glaze. Cook for l hr 38 mins to finish
To melt butter in the NuWave Oven place butter in a dish on the l inch rack and cook on power level 8 for about 2 minutes until the butter has melted.
Fry sage in the NuWave Oven place sage on the l inch rack, spray with oil and cook on power level Hl for l2 mins. You can also use the fried sage as a garnish. Foil can be placed over the turkey to prevent over browning.

A little involved but there is all I have that came with the oven and instructions, I really hope this helps and gets to you in time.

11/26/2008

This is the addy of a site that has many, many owners manuals or appliances. It's not a site to order manuals the actual manual is on file. You might check it out.

http://kitchen.manualsonline.com