Browsing: Infrared Oven Recipes

Nu-Wave Oven Turkey Instructions

I ordered a Nu-Wave Oven, but the recipe books are on backorder. Does anyone have the turkey cooking instructions? Thank you.

chickaroo from Haverhill, Mass.

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

This is the addy of a site that has many, many owners manuals or appliances. It's not a site to order manuals the actual manual is on file. You might check it out.

http://kitchen.manualsonline.com

Luckily I just received my NuWave Oven on Tuesday, and my came with the recipe books, so here goes Turkey up to l0 lbs.

Season inside and out with salt and pepper and any other favourite seasoning. NuWave on Hl for about l5 mins. per pound. Place breast side down on l" rack and turn half way through cooking time. Season the top and continue to cook the rest of the time.

FROZEN: Following instructions above, but NuWave 25 minutes per pound.

Anything over l0 lbs must have the Extender Ring accessory. The above is from the recipe booklet. However the Quick and Easy Cooking Guide plastic chart states whole turkey 12 min per lb fresh l5 min per lb frozen for whole turkeys. So the oven temperature should be l80 F (82C)

They also recommend you use a easy read oven thermometer. Hope this gets to you in time. Happy Thanksgiving. Gail in Canada

I also have one of their recipe cards they sent as a free gift I'll type out now if it helps as well.

ROASTED TURKEY WITH APPLES, ONIONS, FRIED SAGE AND APPLE CIDER GRAVY WITH CORNBREAD STUFFING

12 TO 15 lb turkey

half cup melted butter

half cup apple cider

STUFFING

l box Stove Top Cornbread Stuffing Mix

3 Granny Smith Apples cored and cut into chunks

half lb red pearl onions peeled

l/4 cup melted butter

4 fresh sage leaves chopped

2 celery ribs diced no leaves

alt and pepper

Gravy

turkey neck and giblets

4 cups water

4 tsp Bouillon chicken base

l cup apple cider

2 tablespoons cider vinegar

l/4 cup flour

l/4 cup fat from pan juices

l tablespoon fried sage leaves chopped

Cooking Instructions:

l. After the turkey is completely thawed, remove neck and giblets.

2 Wash inside and outside of the turkey with cold water

3 In a medium size bowl, combine all stuffing ingredients

4 Fill turkey cavity with stuffing

4A Combine melted butter and apple cide to make apple glaze

Place the turkey on the l inch rack breast side down

7 Place extender ring in between the base tray and the dome

Important Extender ring is required to accommodate turkey between ll to l6 lbs.

Cook l2 minutes per pound. Total cook time will be about 2 hours 36 mins. Be sure to turn the turkey over at the half way point about l hr l8 mins

During the last 20 minutes of cooking prepare the gravy

Combine water, chicken base apple cider, vinegar, neck and giblets in a bowl.

In a skillet add fat from the liner pan, bring to a boil. Easier method use a turkey baster.

Add flour to the skillet and cook roux over low heat. Whisk until lumps dissolve. This may take about 3 minutes.

Pour the liquid mixture prepared in #l into the roux

Continue to simmer while whisking continuously until thickened.

Remove neck and giblets

Add sage, salt, and pepper to taste.

OPTIONS

Make sure to rest the turkey about l5 mins before carving.

This recipe will also work with a Frozen turkey Simply modify the cook time to l5 mins lb.

Cook frozen turkey breast side down for l hour remove nick and giblets

Fill turkey cavity with stuffing Continue to cook for an additional 38 minutes

Turn the turkey breast side up. Apply apple glaze. Cook for l hr 38 mins to finish

To melt butter in the NuWave Oven place butter in a dish on the l inch rack and cook on power level 8 for about 2 minutes until the butter has melted.

Fry sage in the NuWave Oven place sage on the l inch rack, spray with oil and cook on power level Hl for l2 mins. You can also use the fried sage as a garnish. Foil can be placed over the turkey to prevent over browning.

A little involved but there is all I have that came with the oven and instructions, I really hope this helps and gets to you in time.

I had one of these ovens and found that the fan blew lighter weight food all over the place and burned stationary food on the top (windburn + heat).

If you are going to do something like french fries, keep an eagle eye on it the first time to make sure you don't have these problems.

The Nu-Wave Oven is fantastic! I got mine at <a href="http://www.harrietcarter.com/index. ... c-2b10-4b06-a2bd-bb312a06e0cf/" title="Nu-Wave Oven">Harriet Carter</a>

Looking for a time chart for meats, chicken, steaks, etc.

Thanks

I took a chance and bought one at a local store. It said it would cook from frozen. I tried 2 chicken breast

done on outside frozen on inside. I tried a 3 lb turkey breast with increased time about 20 min per lb. Done on the outside, cold on the inside. If I go longer on time for a 10 lb turkey, it will take twice as long as a browning bag in a conventional oven. May work ok on thin stuff, but no better than a George Foreman type grill. I have been robbed of $120, without a gun.

Just a little correction to my last post I did know times are per side witch makes it 40 total per pound. In the nu wave oven, after all infra-red same heat as almost any heating element convection. A fan, same as any convection oven.

Conduction, when things are touching hot meat heating cold. Duh, on me. Should have known there was no magic.

I cooked an almost 12 pound turkey in the NuWave today. From frozen; 25 minutes per pound. I added an extra 15 or 20 minutes. It came out perfect. Yummy. Have had my Nu-Wave for almost 2 years.. We love it! First, time for turkey. I don't know why others are having problems. We brought direct from company. Maybe others are generic?

Infrared Oven Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceNovember 26, 2008
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Cooking a Turkey in Your Oven, A turkey in the oven.
Cooking Ham and Turkey in the Same Oven
A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 9:39:32 PM on 10.0.2.128 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.