Vacuum CleanersHouse and Home

Hoover Savvy Vacuum (WindTunnel) Reviews

Product:

Hoover Vacuum

Model:

Savvy WindTunnel

Website:

Hoover's Website

Request:

I am interested to know if this product is difficult to push and efficient.

Mickeylee from Kankakee, IL

I just purchased a Hoover wind tunnel vac. It is not self propelled. It does a great job picking things up but it is about 20 pounds if you have to lift it.

I've sold vacuums, especially high end ones, and found that ONLY the Hoover WindTunnel competes with those! And, the light that shines when you miss pockets of dirt in the carpet is worth it's weight in gold. Caution: Read the instructions about the handle switch. There is word that one of the parts in it and the floor position pedal goes out easily if you are not aware of it. Sort of built-in failures that bring profits to the vacuum companies and repairmen. However, for suction, it's great. Now, when this one goes out, I am praying for the Dyson! My WindTunnel is self-propelled and worth everything to me. The side filters are a joke, bells and whistles, but the basic vacuum, mfg. bags, and machine are great.

I liked my vacuum great for the first 365 days. The day after the warranty expired (exactly!) the motor and the switch blew out. So buy it iand enjoy it, but budget for only one year, because now that I read the reviews, I'm not alone with this 'spontaneous combustion'.

I bought this vacuum thinking that it was a great value for all the little extras. I had it for 8 months and different plastic parts started to break off. After 9 months the switch quit working so I had to unplug this vacuum to be able to get it to work the next time. Now that the warranty is up it WILL NOT WORK AT ALL. IF YOU HAVE MONEY TO THROW AWAY BUY THIS VACUUM other wise save yourself from a lot of trouble.

Why waste money on this junk, get a Sanitaire S9120A It's what the professionals use.

I would never every buy this vacuum again much less even suggest to ANYONE to buy it. It has been fixed numerous times under warranty and now the warranty is out and guess what? It is broken again! It is by far the worse piece of junk I have every owned and I usually buy only Hoover, guess what I'm switching to a more reliable vacuum. Do yourself a favor and forget about the Hoover. Say - WORTHLESS!

The Hoover "Fold Away" is the worst vacuum I've ever wasted my money on. Over the past few years, it has chewed up my laminate floors, put holes in my carpet and the filter is constantly clogged. When you take out the hose to use it for corner cleaning, the beater brush will continue to spin and will burn through the carpet. The filter is always full and a mess to clean out. Oh yeah, the hose will also pinch your fingers if you aren't careful. Did they even test this product?

Calls, emails and even a letter to the president of Hoover never even rated so much as a response from them.

As soon as I can afford to replace it, I am going to have my husband run over it with the big John Deere tractor.

I'm like everyone else, I hate this vacuum cleaner. The Savvy is the worst vacuum cleaner I've owned, and what's worse is that Good Housekeeping recommended it a couple of years ago. That's one of the main reasons I bought it. The plastic pieces are broken, the brush will no longer turn. It sucks, (or doesn't!).

Agreed, don't waste your money. The switch in the handle on mine stopped working with only suction on or the beater bar on. Can't get it to do both. Used to smack the heck out of the handle to get it to work but now its finished. What a piece of junk, con't believe Hoover produces this kind of stuff.