Did I See an Angel?

Once again I need your thoughts and wisdom. My mother has cancer. She is near the end of her chemotherapy. I asked God to send me a sign to let me know if she's going to be ok. The next night while stargazing I saw what I'm sure was a white angel fly over our house.

It happened to fly in my line of vision and I got a good long look at it with binoculars. Astronomy has been my hobby for 45 years, I am familiar with everything in the night time sky: natural phenomena (comets, fireballs, and the like), birds, weather devices, homemade aircraft, I've even seen clothing and flowers drifting on the air. This was like nothing I've ever seen before. Is this possible or am I seeing things from stress? By the way, I don't drink or use drugs, nor am I taking any medications. I believe in God but I'm not terribly religious, either. Any thoughts?

Joan from Chesapeake, VA

I believe this was your answer, that she will be ok. Whether it's in this life or the hereafter. When I have a dilemma a worry or just need an answer. I pray and ask God. I pray whether it's day or night. But I've been told that before retiring in the evening if I talked with God, and ask for insight or just unload. That I will just wake up *knowing* the answer, and yes it has happened many times. Somehow I just know. I am spiritual but not religious. Theres a difference.

I believe you saw an angel, Joan. Shortly after my Father died, I was walking through the woods with my dogs with such a horrific state of depression. I heard a bird call, looked up and saw an eagle flying. I was in awe of this magnificent bird! The eagle passed and I continued walking. I soon realized the depression was gone and I had such a wonderful sensation of well-being. I believe my Father spoke to me that day, telling me he was well and not to worry. I believe this with all my heart even ten years later. Take care of yourself and my prayers are with you and your Mom. Peace, Sharon

Trust in what you saw, there are many things in this world that have No real answers, but what you saw is very possible and real. As a child my deceased uncle came to me, and I saw him just like I see real people in this life. He was just saying goodbye to me. At the time I was 7 years old, and it did not scare me. I knew, even at that young age that it was meant for me to see, and treasure what I saw.

God lets you see what you are open to seeing. He puts many miracles here on earth daily, we just need to be open to seeing them. I am not overly religious but have worked the last few years towards earning some "brownie points" towards Heaven. LOL. If you have not already enrolled your Mother in Chemo Angels, check it out: chemoangels.net. Very positive group, it's FREE and your Mother has to do nothing.

Special Assignment Angel, Amy

Be like a child - believe. That is God's wish, and you are so fortunate to have had this little miracle in your life. Keep on believing!!

Abso-freakin'-lutely. If you believe you saw an Angel, you saw an Angel. And I believe you saw one as well. And YAY! You saw an Angel! GO GIVE MOM A HUG AND TELL HER YOU LOVE HER! Someone is keeping an extra close eye on her (and you!)

Peace,

Monkey

BELIEVE!!!

Yes, I do believe you saw an angel. I say that I am a very "faith filled" person rather than a religious person. When my mother was so sick with congestive heart failure 21 years ago, she had to be on a venilator and was in the ICU. I came home that afernoon, praying all the while that she would be ok. I prayed that God would give me a sign that all would ok with her. Well, we had a light rain shower that afternoon and when I looked out my kitchen window, I saw a rainbow right above our garden. I took this as a sign from God that she would be ok and she was. We had her with us for a little over 5 more years and what wonderful years they were. God is good.

I believe that there are angels watching over us

and as I wrote this I just got goosebumps....

I too am a believer in god and am not deeply religious

but I believe that if god is not watching over us an angel is. one of my favorite movies is "the city of angels" with Nicholas Cage and Meg Ryan

I also love the song by Alabama "angels among us" sent down to us from somewhere up above, they come down to us in our in our deepest hour...goes part of the song.

Many times I have given a problem over to god and have felt so much better afterwards.

You're not the only one, there are other angel sightings. There can be imposter entities, but they are not honoring the sacrifice of Jesus in our place. The Bible says 'test the spirits, to see whether they be of God.' They certainly aren't all white women with blonde hair and wings. One was a smiling wise black man in blue satin with a gold cord at the waist, standing at the front door (from an old Guideposts). God loves you, and he loves to bless all of his children. I offer you a cyber-hug and I wish you the best with your Mom's transitions and your own energy levels through this. In Jesus, Kim

Angels can appear to us in many forms. They will appear in a way that will get our attention and that we will recognize, which is why you saw your angel while star gazing. It's wonderful, isn't it?

Only you can know this. I know that God does send angels to earth for specific purposes. Be grateful for his answering your prayers and make sure you thank him. Have faith. He loves you and feels your pain and concern for your mother. Heavenly Father is waiting to pour many blessings on you. God bless you.

Hi, Joan. I believe that angels are God's ministering beings. If it pleases the Lord to give us a "special touch" from Him, then He does it! It can be just to give our faith a boost, or to ease pain, etc. Keep believing!

Ann, So. Maine

What a beautiful gift you were given! Know in your heart what you saw was real!

19 years ago my grandmother who lived next door to me was up during the night and looked outside her window and she claimed to have seen several white angels flying over my house. I was pregnant at the time and she never told me this not to upset me. My mother told me this after my grandmother's passing. I wish she would have told me then, I would have loved to have known the details of what she experienced from my grandmother herself.

So consider this a gift from God, his special way of reminding you that our prayers are always heard.

God is Good.

I will pray for your mother & your family also.

Bless you all, San

To all who responded to this post: Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, share your stories, and send your prayers. Mom and I were so touched. Mom got her test results today. Her tumor, which was the size of a banana, is almost gone and the doctor said much of that may be scar tissue. I have no doubt now that the angel was real, as real as the kindness of all of you. You were a great comfort through a very trying time. God Bless you always.

Miracles do happen & that is what I believe you saw. Relish the wonderful happening. Please accept my blessings to your mom.

When my grandmother was dying (had two months or less to live) her mother came to her dressed in white, floating. When I was so angry at my step father, at age 15, I felt like killing myself, a canary flew into my room and sang it's heart out and calmed me down. On the morning of my wedding, my alarm didn't go off, a duck quacked outside my window and woke me. It was quacking it's heart out and looking at me when I opened my bedroom window. I heard an angel twice and it only said stop. I stopped. The first time stopped me getting hit by a train at a crossing with no barrier and the next when a man ran a red light. He would have hit me and my family if I had not stopped. More experiences than this have blessed me. Believe me. There ARE angels everywhere.

Yes you did. 27 years ago I saw a large white angel

over my car at night for 2 minutes. I was given the

assurance that God does exist and there is a Heaven. Nothing was said but much was answered.

This is also your gift and anyone wwho believes you and me will also have the satisfaction of knowing the soul exists in everyone and that all of us will be in heaven someday. So erase any doubts any of you has ever had and feel secure in your afterlife with God.

Joan, To give you a answer, Only God can give you that. But, yes we all have Angel's here on earth to help us. I am a cancer survivor and I am dearly sorry to hear about your Mom. I have been clean since 09 by the grace of God, and by his strips your mom shall be healed too. We will have your mom and you in much in prayer. God can do all things if we believe and put it all at his feet. You did see an angel. Don't know if it was for you or your mom, but be sure it is for one of you. Please, if you or both, don't have your lives in order, please get them in order before it is everlasting to late.

Forgive me for being to forward, but that is the pastor's wife standing up for God in me before you coming to you in love dear. Please, remember you and your mother is loved very much by myself and my husband and will be prayed for from here on out. God bless you. Hang in there and give mom all the love, hugs, and kisses you can and a few for me too.

Better Living ReligionOctober 9, 2007
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Datura Angel Trumpet
Growing Angel Trumpet
Crocheted Heart Angel
Crocheted Heart Angel
Crochet Angel
Making a Crochet Angel
🎄
🍂