Mystery Shop Scam: Beware Shoppers Research, Inc.

This is a local story about a girl who was scammed into wiring money to a Canadian firm. She thought she was receiving funds to pay for her new mystery shopping job.

There are a lot of "work from home" opportunities that are advertised on the internet. Be wary of ANY that expect you to pay something upfront or require you to wire money or give personal financial information. Do your homework on the internet before signing up for anything and make sure to read any contracts thoroughly before committing. There are very few legitimate companies that do work like this and it is usually a very time intensive way to earn even a small amount of money.

True work at home or telecommuting positions would be with a local company, as with any other job. All the success stories that I have heard have been with someone who was interviewed and hired directly, not off some webpage.

If it is too good to be true . . .

Jess in Oregon

I think it is great you are sharing this information on work from home offers.

You do have to be careful and do your homework, as I did with the home business I have. This company does give me a free webpage and the information on it is a wonderful tool for me to send people to. With the access to my webpage, they can take their time and investigate the product, the pay plan, etc. This is a great company that has been out there for 10 years....I did my homework, called the BBB, totally checked out the product, then proceeded.

All websites out there on the internet are not good opportunities and they have caused a bad taste in the mouth for the good ones.

As with anything in todays world, we do have to be cautious and do our is well worth the time.

The website I have does give you the chance to build residual income from home with an awesome product. It is NOT a get rich overnite scam. I do work at this every day and work at establishing a relationship with the people who do desire to spend time building a solid business.

A good number of people do not want to spend quality time building a relationship with people, which is key to having a home business.

If you are truly interested in working from home you can email me at with send info thrifty post, and I will send you my website.

Budget & Finance Making Money Work From HomeSeptember 24, 2008
Close-up of Little Chocolate Bells
Saving Money On Candy
woman cross stitching a rose
Finding WonderArt Stamped Cross Stitch Quilt Blocks
Hydrangea Not Blooming
Hydrangea Not Blooming
Halloween Murder Mystery Party
Hosting a Halloween Murder Mystery Party