Making a Crocheted T-shirt Clutch Bag
Old, worn out t-shirts can always find a new life in your crochet craft projects. This is a guide about making a crocheted t-shirt clutch bag.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This clutch bag is crocheted with strips of t-shirt material.
Approximate Time: one evening for the crochet, not allowing for cutting up the t-shirts
- UK 5.5 crochet hook (any large size hook will do)
- approximately 5 t-shirts (I used 10 to get the various colours, leftovers can be used for future projects.)
- large snap fastener or Velcro
- Cut clean t-shirts into strips of approximately 1/2" wide. I cut up the t-shirts along all the seams. Cut across the bottom, up the side, across the top, etc. rounding the corners until I've got a decent sized ball.
Note: I didn't connect the strips as such, just wove the ends in as I crocheted, or you could sew them in after.
- Cast on 25 chains.
- DC into each chain.
- Crochet approximately 32 rows in random colours.
- Fold up 3rd and dc each side together.
- Add a large popper in the middle.
- Fold down top 3rd and add other part of popper to match.
My bag measures 12" x 5". To make a larger bag add more cast on chains and crochet more rows.
By Sue from Bristol, UKRead 4 Comments
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 15, 2017 at 11:24:21 AM on 10.0.1.73 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us