Replacement Wheels For Old Manual Reel Lawnmower

I am trying to locate the rear rollers for a manual reel lawnmower mfg by Clemson Bro's from 1938-circa 1970. The patent is still owned however I am unable to locate the current manufacturer. Perhaps a roller set from a comparable product may work. Any assistance you could render in aiding me locate and purchase this part would be appreciated.

Jesse from Augusta, Ga

Best Answer

get a couple of rolling pins and a threaded rod; it works just fine!

Have you tried Ebay - don't know much about it but that people have found pretty hard to find items there.

You can find anything there, just post what you need.

I am trying to locate wheels for my dads 69 year old reel lawn mower. We just need new tires the wheel is rusty, but is okay. Thanks for any and all help. It was purchased at Sears.

In ref. to my ancient Clemson Bro's reel lawnmower rear replacement rollers I solved the problem with the help of a friend who owns a wood lathe. He drilled the dowels, beveled the edges and wham bam! Back in business after 40+ years. This particular Clemson was purchased in El Paso,TX in 1952. For a 56 y/o manual product the Clemson really delivers like a champ.

Many thanks to all who proffered tips and solutions.

Peace and Positive Karma,

The rollers on mine are made of wood - probably oak. Thre are three of them, each 5 5/8 inches long. They are 2 1/4 inches in diameter. At each end they are turned down to a about 1 5/16 inches in diameter for maybe 1/4 to 3/8 inches in from the edge. Anyone with a wood lathe and drill press could make these for you.

Use rolling pins from Walmart, they work perfectly.

Reel Lawnmower
Finding Replacement Wheels For Reel Lawnmower
Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersMay 30, 2008
Old Reel Mower
Determining the Value of Old Reel Mowers
George Foreman Jr. Rotisserie
George Foreman Jr. Rotisserie Manual
Welbilt Bread Machine
Finding Welbilt Bread Machine Manuals
Reel Mower Blades
Sharpening a Reel Mower