Bridesmaid Dress Fabric Too Shiny

I've just received my bridesmaids dresses and don't like them at all. They're made of a brown polyester and an ivory acetate lining underneath. I love the colors, but the two fabrics together create this horrible shiny, slinky, dizzy look. Is there any spray or a way to take away the shine without taking the fabric out or buying a new dress?

Christina from Bethesda, MD

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I bet someone at a fabric shop or craft store may know of something to use. If you can't spray it or something, maybe a seamstress can sew some kind of slip in...I hope it doesn't become too stressful. I got married less than a year ago, and some things that I stressed to the max about just weren't worth it in the end.

Sounds to me as if the underskirt material is the problem.If you have a friend or relative who sews she probably can cut it out from inside and make a new one of a matching brown cotton of soft satin and it should tone it down.If it doesn't really need the extra lining inside and is not too see-through,cut it out and don't use any lining.Bless your heart,little details can sure stress out a Bride.Just remember it's only one day.Let this be the happiest day of your life! GOOD LUCK!!

Shiny Pink Fabric
Making Fabric Less Shiny
Weddings DressesOctober 6, 2005
selecting a wedding dress
Selecting a Wedding Dress
A woman wearing a homemade bridesmaid dress.
Making Homemade Bridesmaids Dresses
Ironing Polyester
Removing Shiny Iron Marks on Polyester Clothing
A bride and bridesmaids.
Saving Money on Bridesmaid Dresses
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 21, 2017 at 7:32:08 PM on 10.0.2.108 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.