Making Sleeves To Hold Silverware

I would like to sew some sleeves to hold my silverware so it does not tarnish. Has anyone made any and what fabric should I use?

Rose from Malvern, PA

I made some bags a while back to hold Christmas ornaments to keep from tarnishing. They sell treated fabric at many fabric stores by the yard. I think the one I used was Pacific Silvercloth. When I bought it they kept it behind the counter so you may have to ask for it. Seems like I got it at Joann's.

It even works well without sewing into bags. I used the scraps and basically lined some smaller boxes with it for my silver jewelry although I think the less air involved the less tarnishing perhaps.

http://www.silv  silvercloth.aspx

Kenized SilverShield Anti-Tarnish Cloth is available through A Great Notion Sewing Supply Ltd. on the web at www.agreatnotion.com In the 2007 catalogue it was $19.99 per meter(39") 58" wide. Your get instrucions for a pocketed roll, basic pouch and drawstring bag with order of fabric.

Any reason I cannot use just plain old flannel. The treated fabric sounds pretty expensive. My impression was that silver tarnished when exposed to light and air.

I was housesitting for a woman when I saw this.

The housekeeper polished the silver and all

were stored in crown royal bags she told me

the lady of the house kept them that way.

Crafts SewingAugust 15, 2008
T-shirt
Tightening T-shirt Sleeves
old silverware
Uses for Old Silverware
A woman sewing using a sewing machine.
Sewing Sleeves
Finished Wind Chimes
Silverware Wind Chimes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 19, 2017 at 7:31:44 PM on 10.0.0.30 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.