Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

How Old is My Dog in Human Years?

How do you know how old a dog is in human years? And how do you know how old a human is in dog year?

By Brandon

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Crystal [2]07/08/2010

Go to pedigree.com they have a calculator on there, its a little different than the chart posted!

By Anonymous [848]07/07/2010

This chart should answer both questions. ;-)

RE: How Old is My Dog in Human Years?

By Joan [13]07/02/2010

I have always been told that a dog is actually 7 years old for every year of his life. If that is the case, you would multiply 7xthe number of years that it is since he was born.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: How Old is My Dog in Human Years?

How Old is My Dog in Human Years? align= How old is my dog in human years, if he is 9 months old?

Kathy from Northridge, CA

RE: How Old is My Dog in Dog Years?

Hi Kathy :) What a cute dog! My calculations say he is about 5.25 years old in "human years". (04/23/2007)

By Luvyabye

RE: How Old is My Dog in Human Years?

The old saying about a year in a dog's life being equal to 7 years in a human's life is just an old wives tale. Comparing your dogs are in human years depends on a number of things. Small dogs tend to live longer than large dogs for one thing. For another, your dog's health and lifestyle also make a difference. If you want to know, I would speak to your vet and get their opinion. What a cutie! I'm sure you just love you dog! (04/25/2007)

By Robin

RE: How Old is My Dog in Human Years?

The answer of 5.25 years old is correct. 1 dog year = 7 human years 9 months old is .75 or 3/4 of a year so.... .75 x 7 = 5.25 human years old (04/25/2007)

By Debbie

RE: How Old is My Dog in Human Years?

On the back of the vet reminder I just received, the ages start at 1 year of age. For a dog under 20 pounds, at 1 year old, the dog would be 7-12 years old in human years. When the dog is 2, the human years goes to 19. 3--25 4--32 5--35 6--40 7--44 8--48 9--52 10--56 Hope this helps. Penny (04/25/2007)

By maggie3956

RE: How Old is My Dog in Human Years?

Try this web site. My Vet says they're pretty close!! http://www.dogage.com/ Let us know what comes up!! (04/25/2007)

By SalTCBug

If my dog is 2 year old, how old would he be in human years?

Nancy from Paris, TX

how old is my dog in human years

How old is my dog if she 1 year old. Editor's Note: The old way was 7 years for each 1 year of age. Here's a calculator, but there are many differences in breeds, size, health, etc. onlineconversion.com (09/16/2008)

By Kayla

RE: How Old is My Dog in Human Years?

What I am going to say is the same as what Debbie wrote so carry on reading OK? The answer of 5.25 years old is correct. 1 dog year = 7 human years, 9 months old is .75 or 3/4 of a year so, .75 x 7 = 5.25 human years old. (11/22/2008)

By Katie

RE: How Old is My Dog in Human Years?

RE: How Old is My Dog in Human Years?

Here's the most accurate chart I have found.

drsfostersmith.com (01/20/2009)

By Ema Uk

RE: How Old is My Dog in Human Years?