Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

"Soft Wrap" Presents For A Green Up Christmas

My family always has a chore of finding correct size boxes for Christmas gifts, and then having to break them down afterward for the recycle bins. This year, we have pledged to "soft wrap" every gift. There will be no more boxes, and no chore we all dislike. Let us all save planet Earth!

By Avis from Boulder, CO

Recent Feedback

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Lelia Jo Cordell [49]11/13/2011

I've read plenty of historical novels and non-fiction. In centuries past, there was little to no actual wrapping paper. Gifts would be wrapped in a cloth, leather hide or perhaps butcher or brown packaging paper. (You know, the paper lunch sacks are made from).

We've been force-fed the consumerist party line for long enough. Isn't it time we thrifty folks stood up for non-consumerism?

By Roseanna11/08/2011

In the past, I have done the same thing. If I didn't have boxes, I would wrap gifts just in tissue and wrapping paper. If I did have boxes, I would recycle them for the next gift. If I had to buy boxes, I would wait till the best clearance prices (like four in a package for either 10 cents or 25 cents).

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to post feedback.