Get Sale Calendars For The Pictures

Calendars are expensive, but some have very beautiful pictures in them. I wait until January and they instantly become half price, then choose one or two that I like for the beautiful pictures in them. I purchase very inexpensive picture frames (some even from local dollar stores) and cut out the best pictures and frame them myself for some very unique one of a kind art. Also if you wait until March, I find if any stores (like cards or book stores) will mark there calendars down to $1.00 each. Just remember that when you do wait until March, you're limited with what's left, fewer choices.

By Jo from Avenel, NJ

I have done this myself when my son left home & set him up into a flat. I managed to buy a calendar 'package' with a large & small calendar pack. They had been $20 for the pack before New Year, but down to $1 mid January!

They were of tropical fish & coral, so lovely colours. I mixed & matched the small & large pictures in a couple of groupings. I then used them as my decorating 'theme' ... & also used the colours for curtains, bedding, etc. It was a really great cheap way to decorate.

The sad thing is that a lot of retail stores actually throw the old calendars away. It's not always the choice of the store though. The retail store where I work actually gets called by the supplier telling them to throw them away. I asked if there wasn't a way that we could donate them to a school or day care center or anything, but the company required them to destroyed, and the store could be fined, and the supplier would not sell to them the next year if they found out that they were not destroyed. How sad and wasteful! And besides that, it was only Feb! All calenders, planners and appointment books -- destroyed!

My husband and I were just talking about re-doing our daughters room from the baby stuff to something a little more girlly. I love this idea. Maybe I will get lucky seeing that it is April.

Better Living Frugal Living TipsMarch 31, 2008
Printable advent calendar.
Printable Advent Calendars
Family Photo
Making Family Photo Calendars
Furniture Being Sold at Estate Sale
Having an Estate Sale
Pocket Calendar
Uses for Pocket Calendars