Crunchy Pickle Recipes

I am looking for pickle recipes. I'm growing cucumbers in my garden for first time this year and am very excited about being able to make pickles! I have heard it is difficult to get a crunchy good tasting pickle, so if anyone has any recipes please send them my way! Thank you in advance!

By Mama's cookin from Highland, IL

For me the secret to any pickle recipe is pick them cukes in the morning while they are fresh and cool, process them right away and use plenty of alum. I will send you my sunshine dill recipe that is so easy and they are ready to eat in 3 days.

Pack your jars any size you want with:

For gal. jars use 6 cloves garlic, depending on how big your dill is 6 heads of dill and cucumbers as tight as you can get them. Mix the dill heads in among the cucumbers.

for quart gars use 2 cloves garlic with 2 heads of dill.The brine is 6 1/2 C water, 4 1/2 C white vinegar, 1/4 C salt and 1 1/2 to 2 TB Alum.

Bring your brine to a boil and pour it over your packed jars of cucumbers. Put on your lids and tighten them well. These pickles aren't sealed so need to be kept in the refrigerator but will keep forever.

Set your jars out in the sun for three days, if it is cloudy don't worry they will still work, then they are ready to eat.

I make hamburger dills and sliced pickles from the large cucumbers, that is when I add 2 TB of alum to keep them crisp. I make up a gallon of brine then if I don't use it all I just heat it up and seal in for another batch.

We have an old refrigerator in the garage that we use to store the pickles in. The neighbors know where they are and to help themselves.

Oh thank you so very much! I'm so excited to get started.

Making Homemade Pickles
Making Homemade Pickles
Food and Recipes Canning Condiments & SaucesJuly 23, 2011
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
Sweet Pickles on White Background
Sweet Pickle Recipes
Fried Dill Pickle Chip Recipes
Sunshine Dill Pickles
Making Sunshine Dill Pickles
🎄