Product Review: Knifty Knitter Spool Loom

Product: Knifty Knitter Spool Loom

Manufacturer: Provo Craft

Cost: $5.96

I bought this today at Walmart. I then used it to make a tubular scarf. It took me about 2 hours to make one. It's so cute. I am going back to get the one that makes pom poms to add to the ends of the scarf. I am going to make several in different colors to put up for my nieces for Christmas. This is so inexpensive, as is yarn that you could make one for everyone very cheaply. Also it's so so simple to use, I cannot wait to try the other ones.

By Christi from Paducah, KY

Hi Christi!!! I'd love to see a photo of the scarf you made. I have one of these, too, but haven't made anything yet.

Thanks Christi. I have seen these and keep touching it but always put it down. Scarfs are always a great gift idea, especially for teens and YA.

Do you know what else you can make with it?

I can't knit so this might be for me.

Kim

I have one. Actually, I have all the circle ones, and one rectangle one. I have made several scarves. Everyone LOVES them. I am working on making other things. There are books available through joanns or michaels. Just look in the craft stores. Make sure you have more than one hook. They're easy to lose. :) If you have a dog, they just might chew on it like mine did. Happy knitting!

I will post photos of the scarves as soon as I get my moms camera. They are really cute. I too picked up and put down the thing for awhile, so glad I decided to finally buy it. The loom one will also make purse handles, and another of the knifty knitters make a purse. I cant wait to try the others.

IS this thingy good for beginners? And by 'beginner' I mean 100% craft-challenged? I LOVE the idea of crafting and I have tried so very many crafts. They always turn out AWFUL. and that is NOT just my opinion!

I used a tube one as a child to make fun belts. Mine was made from a wood spool, and the prongs were nails.

When I worked in a nursing home we had one lady who was quite impaired, but still able to use one, and she loved it.

The stuff you produce can be hand sewn into anything you can dream of, even blankets.

Londa

Is this really easy? I am not kidding when I say I need all the help I can get to knit it is something I just can not do! I will be looking for your pictures and more from other people. Thanks, Darlene

It is literally just wrapping the yarn around the pegs and then using a tool to take it off. So easy, my teenage son was using it. I bought the flower one and the puff ball one today, cannot wait to try them out.

When I was a youngin' I used to make area rugs using this... get hold of some rug yarn... make a REALLY LONG tube and then sew it concentrically..they are really neat and pretty mindless to complete! Can be as big or as small as you wish! Good luck!

Could someone send me the instructions on how to use the knifty knitter? I lost mine. I know it is simple but I'm a true beginner. Thanks!

Kitty, they have a book for this at walmart for like 97 cents.

Help! I bought one recently but the stores don't have the books to show different things to do with this. Can you send me some patterns or ideas of things to do and how?

I just wanted to say this tip got me hooked (pun half intended) on loom knitting. Six years later I'm so into this that I have every loom type available from the spools to sock looms and even the jumbo round and long loom.

Just in the spool looms I think I have five different sizes - each one yields a different thickness of tube and I've made everything from belts, sashes, and scarves to hats and blankets! Last winter (2013-14) I plaited medium sized tubes for infinity and open ended scarves which made very welcome and fashionable Christmas and Valentine's gifts for friends and family here in the UK where I now live.

I've built up a large reference library of books which have helped me understand gauge so that I end up with just the tightness of weave I want, and have an equally large stash of patterns but I get the most satisfaction from simply looming with a vague idea of what I want the finished piece to be.

I love all of my knitting looms, and really do want to thank Christi for getting me started:) It's so relaxing to sit and knit on any of these looms!

Knifty Knitter Spool Loom
Knifty Knitter Spool Loom Reviews
Consumer Advice Product Reviews Craft SuppliesAugust 1, 2008
Knifty Knitter Loom
Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter
long loom
Using a Knifty Knitter Long Loom
Knifty Knitters
Making a Pot Holder With a Knifty Knitter
🎉
🎄