Cover Barcodes When Reusing Envelopes

While I know that a lot of us use those return envelopes we get in our junk mail and simply place a white label over the printed address, I have been advised by my friend at the post office here to ALSO make sure that any and all barcodes be completely covered by a white label, as computers that sort the mail will read those over anything hand-written. Just a tip and a bit of a warning, if you want your mail to end up going where it is supposed to go! :)

By AlaskanAurora from Dutch Harbor, AK

Good idea. I never would've thought of this. Check the bottom half inch of every outgoing, reused envelope carefully. That's where those bar codes are, and they're sometimes faint enough to miss without careful scrutiny.

It's so very important and had never occurred to me. I often reuse envelopes. Thank you so much.

Reusing Envelopes, Stack of Envelopes
Reusing Envelopes
Better Living Green Living ReusingOctober 15, 2010
Padded Envelope on White Background
Reusing Mailing Supplies
Making Envelopes From Magazines
Making Envelopes From Magazines
Dog Crate
Making a Dog Crate Cover