Sadie (Beagle Mix)

Sadie is 6 years old. We aren't sure what breed she is. Some say Beagle and Basset, some say German Shepherd and Basset/Beagle. We don't know. We saved Sadie from the Humane Society when she was just a puppy. Sadie loves to bark at the bunnies in the front yard. She loves "treats" and loves to converse with the dogs next door.

This picture shows Sadie lounging in our living room. She was laying there one morning and I said "Why don't you go back to bed?" and she got up and went back to our bedroom and laid on her big pillow on our floor. She is very loving! Gets along great with our 5 month old twins. If they are in their cribs and start crying, she runs in and looks in to check on them.

By Tiffany from Nixa, MO

Dog on couch.

Well, whatever breed(s) she is, she's a beauty and a wonderful babysitter! I think you're just as fortunate to have her as she is to have you. God bless you!

I have a mother - daughter beagle mixes. I see some black on Sadie. I'm forwarding a picture of Maggie, mother and Nikki, daughter with my son holding them. I think Sadie might look a touch like Nikki but I can't tell a lot from the photo. Could you post one of Sadie standing or sitting.

I agree with tedsmom. Sadie is beautiful and smart and how wonderful that she babysits too! It's a previous gift that you found each other.

Sadie is smart as well as cute. I like the photo.

I have a Jack Russell that talks like scooby doo

its funny. I used to live in Ozark next to Nixa!

Now in Hallsville.

Post some pics of the twins.

She is sooo cute! I think she looks like our Harley-the dog on the right. Harley is a 4 yr.-old Boxer/Jack Russell Terrier mix and Sadie, on the left,is an 8 1/2 yr.-old German Shepherd/Lab mix. We adopted both of our "ladies" from people my husband worked with at Harley-Davidson. Harley has a very high "prey drive" and is constantly tormented by the squirrels running through our yard! She keeps our 8 1/2 yr.-old Sadie on her toes! They chase each other through the house and Harley will skid on the hardwood floor in the living room like Scooby-Doo. We call it her "whack-attack". She'll just suddenly bark and run from room to room, jumping on beds, scattering throw rugs and shoes. It's pretty funny to watch. I do think Beagles and Beagle mixes are so beautiful, and I've seen Beagle mixes that look like our Harley. My family tells me I am "obsessed" with dogs. It's true! See, I grew up with cats, while my husband grew up with dogs. My hubby and kids wanted a dog after we bought our first house, and I was like, "I don't think so!" Well, when he came home with the "Free to a good home" ad from work, I did some research on her "breeds". I wanted to know what I was getting into! Her picture was so cute and I caved in because I missed having a pet. About two weeks after getting her she escaped( the first of many escapes to come), chasing after one of our daughters going out to the bus. I could not stop her-it happened so fast. To my absolute horror, Harley was inside the school bus like greased lightening. I ran out of the house in my bathrobe with her leash. Somehow I managed to get her to come to me, amid the hooting and hollering of dozens of school children, the prying eyes of my neighbors and of the backed-up traffic! I was just mortified. I thought for sure someone was going to call the police! When I got in the house, I collapsed onto a kitchen chair in tears. I didn't know if I should be angry or grateful that she wasn't killed. I called my mother-in-law because I was so upset and needed another dog-owner's shoulder to cry on. I felt better after talking to her, but I still wondered to myself, "What have I done?!" Well, 3 1/2 years later, I cannot imagine life without dogs! My husband still lovingly jokes with me when I am playing and cuddling with my "ladies", about how I said after getting Harley, "I hope you don't expect me to play with that thing!" We still need to be vigilant when Harley is by a door. She escaped twice last year after moving into our new house. But yes, I am a total convert, and yes, completely and utterly obsessed with all things "Dog"! Well, sorry for the long, rambling post! I just love to read about dogs, and see pics of dogs shared by their owners, so thank you for sharing!

Beagle Mix
Beagle Mix Photos
Photos Pets DogsApril 30, 2007
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
a girl in a formal dress
Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins
Beagle in the grass.
Beagle Breed Information and Photos