Coffee Filters Lose Their Shape

Does anyone have any advice on how to keep coffee filters in their original shape; space efficient? My filters have already lost their shape within a week, in the bag, making coffee grounds spill over. Any great ideas?

Thank you.

By Daisy from FL

I use a small margarine container to keep my coffee filters in. They are round and not too big to keep in the cupboard.

I have used both cone and round coffee filters and the round one always did that to me, too...so periodically I took a bunch of the to my sewing room..filled them with the amount of coffee I used each day and sewed across the top with a single seam. Then I had coffee bags which never spilled out coffee grounds into the coffee.

Now I have a cone filter coffee maker and I keep my filters in a napkin holder that matches my kitchen decor.

I took a small round container like the ones Pimento Cheese or Chicken Salad come in from the grocery. I cut the buttom of it out and cut until it fit my coffee basket. Now when I put a filter in I put the round plastic bowl with no bottom then the coffee. The filter stays up and no more coffee grounds in my mouth.

I just put mine in an old empty coffee can. I usually buy a large package and it's big enough to hold them all and doesn't look out of place by my coffee maker.

I have been using a coffee can (metal or plastic), and they never lose their shape.

I have a tupperware container for coffee and one for the filters that also came with a measuring spoon that has a rubber tip on the end of the spoon handle. The spoon fits in the top of the container for storage. I've had this set for many, many years.

A plastic container that fits your coffee filters, a measuring spoon with a short pencil with a good eraser on the end taped to the handle of the measuring spoon would work just as well for easy accessability of your coffee filters.

Keep the spoon in the container with the filters so it will be there to measure your coffee and get the filter out of the container.

Okay, I absolutely love the sewing the filter idea. The brand of coffee I use changed from a tin coffee can to a short bulky blue plastic one. I thought of putting them into an old can too. It is too wide, not to mention too large to have 2 at a time.

I also like the small dishes but think that will be too our of place. I only two cabinets, one for dishes and one for my coffee & spices and such. My counters are also too small for a canister set-talk about tiny!

I appreciate all of the feedback and help :-) I drink a lot of coffee so I'll just sew them weekly with every new can and put them back in, brilliant idea, like tea bags. Thank you all!

I use a Ziplock 3 cup plastic storage container. It will keep 50 round filters at a time in perfect shape.

I had a large margarine container that was empty and discovered that the large coffee filters fit inside it perfectly! The lid keeps them covered and clean. It's so much better than having them in the flimsy plastic bag they're sold in.

Coffee Filter on Brown Background
Storing Coffee Filters
Organizing MiscellaneousMarch 30, 2010
Pleated paper coffee filter
Separating Paper Coffee Filters
Beautiful coffee filter flowers in jars fiilled with rocks
Crafts Using Coffee Filters
furnace air filter
Reusing Air Cleaner Filters
Coffee filter with coffee in it.
Saving Money on Coffee Filters
🎉
🎄