Red Pet Food Stain On Carpet

How do I remove red pet food stain from a beige carpet? My cat vomited all over the carpet. I have tried peroxide and that is not removing all of the red color.

Lewis from Oklahoma City

Best Answer

Resolve in the spray bottle. I've never had a stain this stuff wouldn't remove. A little pricey but well worth it. Lasts forever.

Best Answer

Oxyclean. This is the best stuff. Mix it with water and apply. I use it in my carpet steam cleaner. Works great in th laundry too.

Best Answer

I've always used plain window cleaner to remove all type of stains from my beige carpet. Just saturate the area and blot with a wet cloth, rinse and repeat if necessary. It's taken red punch, colas, and almost everything else.

Best Answer

Scrubbing bubbles. I took out something red out of a blue carpet that was a few yrs old. I have a friend that details cars, told me about it. It is all I use on any material stain.

Best Answer

I experienced this myself when I awoke to a red stain on my cream carpet that had been from treats I gave my cats. I never buy red cat food for this reason, but didnt realize these treats would be so red.

Anyway, I knew they would be trouble and my cats didn't disappoint. To make it worse, the stain was dried by this time. I tried Natures Miracle (nope), then my spot blot with Oxyclean 4 times (nope). The stain was still dark pink.

Finally, I poured club soda on it, put a white washcloth on top and then an iron on low. I did this more times than I can count, pouring more water on it many times. And finally... success. Steaming it out, worked! And the treats? Well there gone for good!

SPOT SHOT. It comes in a dark blue can with an orange top. You can buy it at Wal Mart, Home Depot, etc.

It's a little expensive (about $3.50 a can an Wal Mart), but it removes everything - those red or brown stains from cat vomit (I have 3 cats), grease spots, even some "mystery spots" that I couldn't identify.

RESOLVE for Pet Stains in spray bottle!! Great stuff!!

Thanks, everyone. I have been out of town, but I'm going to try out your suggestions today. I truly appreciate your helpful comments.

Hello,

Don't ever buy a dry pet food that has anything red in it. When they vomit that stuff it really stains light-colored carpeting. I'll try the Resolve For Pet Stains - if that doesn't work I'll try the Spot Shot, though neither have worked for me in the past on other types of pet stains. I'm desperate, any other ideas? Thank you.

Help! I have a diabetic cat that is constantly vomiting! I am in a wheelchair and it makes carpet cleaning a real chore to say the least! I have tried all of the above except the window cleaner. That's next on my list? Any other ideas? Thanks!