Red Pet Food Stain On Carpet

How do I remove red pet food stain from a beige carpet? My cat vomited all over the carpet. I have tried peroxide and that is not removing all of the red color.

Lewis from Oklahoma City

Resolve in the spray bottle. I've never had a stain this stuff wouldn't remove. A little pricey but well worth it. Lasts forever.

SPOT SHOT. It comes in a dark blue can with an orange top. You can buy it at Wal Mart, Home Depot, etc.

It's a little expensive (about $3.50 a can an Wal Mart), but it removes everything - those red or brown stains from cat vomit (I have 3 cats), grease spots, even some "mystery spots" that I couldn't identify.

Oxyclean. This is the best stuff. Mix it with water and apply. I use it in my carpet steam cleaner. Works great in th laundry too.

I've always used plain window cleaner to remove all type of stains from my beige carpet. Just saturate the area and blot with a wet cloth, rinse and repeat if necessary. It's taken red punch, colas, and almost everything else.

Scrubbing bubbles. I took out something red out of a blue carpet that was a few yrs old. I have a friend that details cars, told me about it. It is all I use on any material stain.

RESOLVE for Pet Stains in spray bottle!! Great stuff!!

Thanks, everyone. I have been out of town, but I'm going to try out your suggestions today. I truly appreciate your helpful comments.

Hello,

Don't ever buy a dry pet food that has anything red in it. When they vomit that stuff it really stains light-colored carpeting. I'll try the Resolve For Pet Stains - if that doesn't work I'll try the Spot Shot, though neither have worked for me in the past on other types of pet stains. I'm desperate, any other ideas? Thank you.

Help! I have a diabetic cat that is constantly vomiting! I am in a wheelchair and it makes carpet cleaning a real chore to say the least! I have tried all of the above except the window cleaner. That's next on my list? Any other ideas? Thanks!

I experienced this myself when I awoke to a red stain on my cream carpet that had been from treats I gave my cats. I never buy red cat food for this reason, but didnt realize these treats would be so red. Anyway, I knew they would be trouble and my cats didn't disappoint. To make it worse, the stain was dried by this time. I tried Natures Miracle (nope), then my spot blot w/ Oxyclean 4 times (nope) was still dark pink. So finally I poured club soda on it, put a white washcloth on top and then an iron on low. I did this more times than I can count, pouring more water on it many times. And finally...success. Steaming it out, worked! And the treats? Well there gone for good!

Cleaning Carpet
Removing Pet Stains from Carpet
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetOctober 1, 2008
Pug puppy wearing devil horns and tail costume laying with head down next to cleaning bucket with rubber gloves, sponges, and various cleaning supplies
Cleaning Dog Poop Stains Off a Rug
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🎄