Keeping Lint Off Clothes in Washing Machine

How do I keep lint from getting on my clothes in the washing machine?

Patti from St. Petersburg, Fl

I am having problems with lint in my washing machine. My old machine had a lint trap, this new one does not. when I pull out my laundry it's covered in lint. The clothing I dry isn't a problem, it'll come off in the dryer, but the shirts that I hang to dry aren't even wearable. I have to rewash them. I separate my wash, and I don't overload the machine. What do i need to do?

Kimberly from Oklahoma

RE: Washer Lint Problem

Add 1 cup of vinegar to your wash cycle. White or apple cider will work equally well. This really softens and cuts the lint. Also don't wash fuzzy stuff--like towels--with smooth stuff. Wash colors and darks separately whenever possible. Use a clothes shaver if you get pilling. (02/15/2006)

By Mary

RE: Washer Lint Problem

If you have a regular tub/agitator machine you can fill 1/2 with water, add a good amount of white vinegar & allow it to agitate but not empty. Give the machine a break to 'soak', then agitate again. Allow the vinegar-water to sit in the tub between rounds. Do this for the whole day (on weekend?) to give the machine a good cleaning. Often soaking in vinegar will loosen trapped debris so it can go down the drain. It will clean the machine very well even if it does not stop your lint problem. Sounds like there must be some part in the machine that got clogged w/ lint or that there is a hidden lint trap. Read the instruction booklet or try to contact the manufacturer via toll free phone or internet for troubleshooting on the problem. Good Luck! (02/16/2006)

By kidsNclutter

laundry basket of clean clothing
Preventing Lint on Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryDecember 10, 2007
A load of red dyed clothing in a front loader washing machine.
Dyeing Clothing in the Washing Machine
Man Repairing a Washing Machine
Repairing a Washing Machine
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Washing Machine
Extending the Life of Your Washing Machine