Reminder of Love for College Students

We have started a tradition for our children when they go off to college. Each time my daughter comes home for a break from school, she is met with a single red rose. Just a reminder of how much we love her! Many times roses are only $1 each so this is also not expensive!

By Robin

Robin, I think that is a beautiful idea, and you will probably never know how much it means to her. Of course, if it were my daughter I'd probably also bake her a nice pecan pie as well. Or some cookies, or... well, you get the idea. And a barbecue... I'll break out the pork and fire up my smoker, put some hickory wood in there. Then I'll smoke that meat for a long, long time.

But as much as she may enjoy the food, the rose goes straight to her heart, and there's nothing I can think of that is a more sincere expression of love.

I hope you and yours, and anybody else who might read this has a wonderful holiday season. May God bless you all. -WDL

College Students Studying Outside
Parenting Tips for College Age Children
Parenting TeenDecember 9, 2004
A tired college student trying to study.
Setting a Curfew for College Age Children
college students
Inexpensive Activities for College Students
Pair of fun glasses sticking out of a gift basket.
Gift Basket Ideas for College Students
Pink piggy bank wearing graduation cap with money in the slot.
Saving Money for College
🎄