Recycled Ladies Tool Box

Ladies, did you ever have the necessity for your own tool box? Well, I did. I decided to have my own so I would know where "my" screwdrivers, hammer, etc. were.

I am always looking for items to be used in a different way. I absolutely love wooden boxes. If I can find them at an affordable price, to my house they go! I purchased this box for less than $2.00 at a thrift store. It's first life, I am assuming, was to house a bottle of Wild Turkey liquor and a couple of glasses. The slide-in plexiglass cover has the turkey logo on it still and the back has some advertising on it as well. With it having three different compartments and handle, I figured I could transform it to something useful.

I decided to make my own personal tool box out of it. I did not remove any of the logo but did purchase some tiny plastic containers with lids. There were 10 in a package from the Dollar Tree for $1.00. These now hold my various tacks, nails, picture hangers, etc. I also have my tape measure, numerous screwdrivers of various sizes, a case with metric screwdrivers, and needle nose pliers, and utility scissors. The only thing it will not hold is my hammer, but I put it right on top of my toolbox so I know where it is.

All I did to the box was dust it and use a little scratch cover and, voila, my own Nifty Thrifty Toolbox was born. Granted, my tools may not be the most expensive, but at least I know where they are and they serve my purposes. Funny thing is that my toolbox is inside the house and my husband's tools are in his toolhouse. Guess whose tools he grabs a lot of the time? You guessed it, MINE!

By Southeastgeorgiapeach from Jesup, GA

lol! Your hubby sounds like mine - love the tip and your sense of humor about it.

Stacking Vegetable Bins:

I have so many tools, that I bought 14 of those stackable plastic vegetable bins... So I have 2 stacks of 7 each of the bins & I screwed into the studs in the wall behind the stacks so I could wire the bins to the wall in case of earthquake & for safety. I then typed up some labels & taped them to the front of each bin so I could find my tools with ease.

Peg Board:

Then I also hung a small pegboard in my craft room & use this to hang up all my wire, tape & larger tools so I can find them with ease!

I bought my bins at Big Lots for only $5 each. They are super sturdy! (but mine are all white & they have horizontal slits along each side so you can hang additional items in the slits using S-hooks)

Here's a photo:

I think your idea is amazing idea but I have a suggestion for your hammer. Instead of having it on top I would take it and attache it to the side using rivets so that it wouldn't be poking inside the box. I would use two leather strips to attach them to the side of your box.

Frances

Green Household Tool Box
Creating a Household Toolbox
Organizing ToolsApril 12, 2010
Christmas Box Decoration
Painted Recycled Box Christmas Decoration
A clown dressed in red balancing cups on their head.
Making a Circus Performers Costume
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
🎉
🎄