Washing Your Car With Dish Soap

Is it safe to wash your car with dish soap?

By mikeyslady

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

It is safe to wash your vehicle with dish soap, but it will make the surface dull if you have had a wax job done. It helps alot with the greasy layer on the bottom sides.

I use Dawn dish soap on my car have done it for years and I haven't had no problems with it hurting my paint job it don't take the wax off but it is good taking the dirt and grime and when you rinse it. It comes out shiney no streaks on the glass or body and its cheaper than the car wash.

It is perfectly fine to wash your car with dish soap. I paint cars from time to time with my husband and I did ask at the paint store. I think it works better and it is cheaper.

It's all I have ever used.

I think it would depend on the quality of the water in your area. I have used dish washing liquid and been left with a white film on my car so I don't usually use it.

Consumer Advice Cars Cleaning OutsideJuly 2, 2009
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Bar of Soap
Making Liquid Soap from Bars of Soap
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 11:57:12 AM on 10.0.1.211 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.