Mitten Christmas Card Holder
Here is a cute hanger for your Christmas cards made from felt, little clothespins, and ribbon.
List of Materials:
- red and white felt
- white embroidery floss (optional)
- little clothespins (about 1 3/4 inch)
- tiny clothespins (1 inch #3)
- 1/2 inch ribbon or fine twine
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- paper patterns in the packet
- Cut patterns A and B. Pattern B is cuff only.
- Trace patterns onto felt with pen and cut out.
- Make as many mittens as you like. I used 6 mittens on 3 feet of twine.
- Note: Some of the lines will remain when you cut them out, so trace on the side that will be the back. At this point if you would like to add an edge, do so in a button hole embroidery stitch.
- Hot glue the cuff in place, tucking the ends of the thread underneath.
- Position the little clothespins (#2) in the center and near the tip of the mitten leaving room at the cuff to clip on the tiny (#3) clothespins.
- Hot glue to mitten.
- Tie a loop at the end of the ribbon or twine, and string the tiny clothespins on the ribbon.
- Tie a loop at the other end.
- Clip mittens to ribbon.
- Clip cards to mittens.
Download Mitten Card Holder Instructions in PDF format
By Harlean from AR
December 13, 20060 found this helpful
Oh that is adorable!
December 14, 20060 found this helpful
that is really really cute !
December 16, 20060 found this helpful
I happen to have a whole bunch of those cute clothespins, and never knew what 2 o with them. Thanks 4 the grrreat idea. SOOOOO CUTE!!!
December 18, 20060 found this helpful
I came across some small plastic color clothes pins and did something very similar. I used assorted beads in between to keep them in place. The only thing I would do different is leave more space in between the clothes pins. I plan on leaving mine up year around as friends children are always doing artwork for me and now I will have a way to display and change it out.
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
January 23, 20070 found this helpful
Adorable! Very clever idea for those cute tiny closepins!
December 10, 20070 found this helpful
The little mittens look like they would also make cute ornaments for a tree or gift tag/ornament.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 19, 2016 at 10:49:06 PM on 10.0.0.185 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us