Product Review: Odoban

My 3 year old son got sick and vomited all over our brand new shag carpet. I mean brand new, 3 days old. So I tried and tried to get the smell out; the stain was not a problem, just the smell. I tried everything; baking soda, hot water with a little bleach, carpet cleaning, tide, lysol, everything. I googled for days trying to find anyone who had an idea. Nothing worked.

Then my mother in law was at Sam's, the wholesale store, and bought me a product called "Odoban". One hour later, the smell was gone, two days later, still gone, then a week. Now 3 months later, smell still gone! I swear this stuff works, it got vomit out of my carpet, and that smell is hard to get out. It also kills 99.9% of germs at the same time, and it doesn't mask the odor, it really kills it!

Source: Odoban rocks!

By Sarah from Louisville, KY

Never heard of that product - I'm a big fan of SpotShot! I think it works really well. You can always try looking at Petco, PetSmart or some other pet retailer as getting pet odors out can be quite challenging too!

Odoban is a very good "professional-strength" product, but should normally be used as a last resort. Vinegar and water is a good choice for an initial effort.

SpotShot is a good product, but will do nothing for odors in this situation. It also should be rinsed from the carpet whenever it is used. Also be aware that with Spotshot there is higher than average risk that it will set a stain if it does not remove the stain. All this being said, it is better than most of the other off-the-shelf carpet spotters.

I've used Odoban on my carpet. It works great. It has a nice light smell. Gary Dominicus

Odoban is made in Georgia by two Men. The product beats febreeze hands down

You can buy odoban in small bottles at Wlamart, or you can but it by the gallon at Sams club. It is about $10.00 for the gallon but you also get a full spray bottle along with it for the price. I always have some onhand, it is the only reason we are members of Sams.

Great Product!!

I saw this. I am the plant manager of the company that Produces Odoban. Odoban is made and produced in GA, and no part of it comes from China.

You can now buy Odoban at the Home Depot for years it was only availbe at Sam's club it works well and is affordable. There are alot of "haters" out there that say negative things to hear themselves talk, once you try it you will never go back to other things it can be used for various things and diluted as a air fresher after cooking fish, burnt foods can put a spray bottle of it on the side of the toilet after bathroom use etc. In a nut shell it works!

I bought a gallon of Odoban. I have tried everything in my house. I love animals, live out in the country, and can not afford to rip this carpet out at this time. I tried Odoban, had nothing to loose. OMG did it work great! I am forever going to use this product. Look at their website Odoban.com They have many products. It is carried by Walmart, and Home Depot.

OdoBan also works great on my roses to kill most pests. Dilute it to its lowest form and spray both sides of the leaves. I have also used it indoors on plants. Repeat the application a few times. Am now testing it on vegetables. Much less expensive than pesticides and much safer also.

Screenshot of Odoban's website.
Odoban Reviews
Consumer Advice Product Reviews CleaningFebruary 25, 2008
woman brushing a cat
Product Review: FURminator
Laundry Drying Outside
Reviews of Wind Fresh Laundry Detergent
two young African American women with curly hair
Product Review: S Curl - Curl Activator
A Garden Journal
Keeping A Garden Journal
🎉
🎄