Cleaning a Textured Tile Floor

I have a tile floor that has a texture to it and I can never get to look really clean. It looks like dirt gets caught in the pattern and I can't get it out.

By G Carolyn from Aubrey, TX

I have one too. My grout is white; so before I clean I spray an area with Chlorox clean up and let it sit for a couple of minutes. I use a good mop head with raiser scrubber pattern to get down in the grout and pattern groves. Scrub with hot water & Dawn dish soap; then spray the next area while cleaning the mop and rinsing the 1st area. My floors are beautiful.

I bought a Hoover floor scrubber a couple of years ago and it does an OK job at best, the spinning brushes don't have enough pressure on them to clean well.

I find that the bits come off the mop, van you suggest a mop head that doesn't leave the bits on the rough tile surface please?

I use a deck brush on my floor every couple of months to get the dirt out. Works great. I wet the floor then scrub it then mop as normal.

I always use the "Green Cleaners" first before I try anything else. Try washing the floor with 100% white vinegar. Keep the window open if you can while you do this. Once the floor is rinsed and dried, the odor does not linger. If this doesn't clean the floor, then I'd try a solution of sudsy ammonia and water with a squirt of dawn dish soap. Make sure you rinse the floor thoroughly and keep the window open or an air vent going.

I used to have a kitchen floor like that and I used a Mr Clean magic eraser mop replacement head on my old sponge mop. The floor looked the best it ever had.