Retirement Party Theme Ideas

My mom is officially retiring on Dec. 31. My sister and I would like to give her a retirement party. I am looking for theme ideas and is it OK for us kids to give it to her or should we leave it up to someone else? Please send me your ideas I need help.

Debbie, I think it's totally appropriate for you and your sister to throw your Mom a retirement party. I hosted my father's retirement party 17 yrs ago and my brother and sister helped with the cost and the work. It was just a simple family affair. We had a backyard cookout. We gave him a sort of gag gift....a rocking chair... and a nice frame which later I had a group picture of all of us enlarged and put in the frame

You can use all the Happy New Year theme to make it into "Happy New Life!"