Mini Pumpkin Tarts

These no bake mini pumpkin tarts are a delicious treat to whip up for your next holiday party.

• 15 pack of mini phyllo shells (I used Athens brand)
  • 2/3 cup of canned pumpkin
  • 1 cup whipped cream (or whip your own cream)
  • Ad
  • 1/3 of a box (a little over 1 oz) French vanilla pudding mix
  • pumpkin pie spice
  • mint for garnish

Directions:

• Take your mini phyllo shells out of the freezer 15 minutes before you put pumpkin in them.
  • Add 2/3 cup pumpkin and 2/3 cup whipped cream together, whisk until smooth.
  • Add 1 oz pudding mix to pumpkin and whisk together until smooth.
  • Put about a teaspoon in each phyllo shell, you can also put the pumpkin in a plastic bag and cut a little bit off the corner and squeeze the contents out into the shells.
  • Add a little of whipped cream on top (I did the whipped cream by putting some in a plastic bag with the corner cut off, this way you are able to put a tiny dollop).
  • Sprinkle a little pumpkin pie spice on top and stick a small mint leaf on top next to the whipped cream (optional).

WARNING: The mint looks wonderful but you may find it a bit overpowering for this appetizer.

About The Author: Stella contributes craft ideas and recipes to ThriftyFun.com. If you have any craft ideas or recipes that you would like to share with Stella and ThriftyFun community, please submit them here.

These look great! Thanks for the photo!!!!

This is a wonderful dessert. Thanks for the idea, Bette, Maryland""

These look delicious! I would like to try these for Thanksgiving. The only thing I am wondering about is the phyllo shells...do you bake them? They look toasty in the picture but it doesn't mention baking them. I have never worked with these before, so I am not familiar with them.

From Stella:

The phyllo shells I used come like that. You don't need to bake them but if you were to make your own shells, you could buy phyllo dough cut it into squares and place them in a mini muffin tin and bake them at 350 for about 10 minutes until lightly browned. You might want to brush a little butter on the shells before baking.

If you buy the premade phyllo shells, they might be a little richer if you brushed a little butter on them, too and put them in the oven for a few minutes.

Another idea is to mix a little pumpkin spice in your whipping cream. This way you don't over sprinkle the pumpkin spice on one tart.

I absolutely love your idea. I am teaching a unit on apples to my 2nd graders and am going to do the same thing using apple pie filling! :)

I was looking for a recipe that my 4 year old can help with. We are taking them to his class for Thanksgiving. No peanuts allowed. This is perfect. I can't wait to try it.

These tarts are really a big hit, I substituted the french vanilla pudding with cheesecake pudding.

(only because my husband bought the wrong boxes)

My family liked the cheesecake version better. They were a big hit.

Does this recipe call for Pumpkin Pie filling in the can or Pure Pumpkin in the can?

Editor's Note: Just regular pumpkin not the filling.

These are great! My family loves them so much, I make them several times during the Fall and Winter. It makes a great appetizer or a quick, light dessert. They're not real sweet and have a great flavor! I have been making them for 2 years now and will make them for many more.

Do you make the pudding and add to the pumpkin/whip cream mixture or just use the pudding powder from the box?

Thanks.

Editor's Note: Just add the pudding powder but stir it in well.

Do you have to bake the phyllo shell before putting pumpkin filling?

Is this basically a no bake recipe?

Just want to make sure before I attempt to make it for real people.

Editor's Note: Yes, this is a no bake recipe.

These are BEAUTIFUL!! I'm going to try them for the Museum Guild meeting. Hope they are as easy as they look! Can't wait to try them. Thanks a lot for the photo!! Mitzi

Thanks.

Editor's Note: Just use the pudding powder and mix it in with the pumpkin/whip cream mixture.

You mentioned frozen whipped cream. I bought a carton of heavy whipped cream . Will it be ok to use it right out of the carton or should I freeze?

I made these for a military function last fall and they were a huge hit! I can't wait to make them again. Everyone was asking for the recipe. A cute idea I had instead of dolloping the whipped cream on top, is I found those tiny cookie cutters in the shape of leaves and cut out a bunch from a rolled out pie crust and stuck them in the top! I'm going to try to include a picture of the final result!

These will be perfect for the Harvest celebration I'm hosting for my show cast, backstage at Disneyland, CA the week of the Autumn Equinox. (Thurs, 9/24/09)

If they go over well, I may use them again for the Addams Family Tea I'm hosting at Disneyland in October 2009!

Do the cups get soggy if you make them the night before?

Can I reprint this recipe on an Announcements sheet for my local mom's group if I add the link to your blog?

Sure, feel free to reprint them. If you do try them, we would love to hear your own feedback on the recipe. I hope they are as good as they look.

Delicious! Thanks for this easy, quick recipe. Have you ever made them ahead of time? Curious if they freeze well? Thanks!

Baklava
Dessert Recipes Using Phyllo Dough
Food and Recipes Recipes Holidays HalloweenOctober 10, 2005
Closed Mini Blinds
Reusing Mini Blinds
Cleaning mini blinds square
Cleaning Mini Blinds
Pumpkin Custard
Pumpkin Custard Recipes
Cheese Tart Recipes
Cheese Tart Recipes
🎉
🎄