Recycling Water from Basement Dehumidifier

I live in a high humidity area during summer, so my basement dehumidifier is always filling up. Rather than just dumping the tank when it's full, I pour it into my clothes washing machine when I start a load of clothes. It's a great way to recycle the water, and I save money on my water bill.

By Scott J.

I have a lift limit of 1 gal. - 8 lbs. On my dehumidifer I cut a hole in the drip bucket and attached a hose to it. I have it lined up with the drain hole and as it drips into the drain I never have to empty it. Yes, It Is Free water but think of the dust, mold spores and smell you are pouring into the washer. If you let it drain out you will find it has a slight slime to it. I also add bleach to the drip basket or vinegar (white) every month, remember years back about all those people in Pa. (I think) that got sick from the water in the air cooling system at a hotel?

My mother has a dehumidifier in her basement. She waters her outside plants with the water collected from hers.

Portable Dehumidifier
Using Dehumidifiers
Better Living Green Living Conservation WaterAugust 18, 2004
Recycled Paper Envelope Finished
Making Recycling Fun
Organized Basement
Organizing and Cleaning the Basement
Finishing a Basement
Finishing a Basement
Bucket catching leak.
Cleaning Up a Water Leak in Basement
🎉
🎄