Resizing a Large T-Shirt

My son had a large tee shirt he no longer wanted. I wanted to wear the shirt but it was way too big for me so I shortened the hem then rolled up the sleeves and did a fold over of about 1 1/2 inches on the shoulder seam. Once tacked in place I added two contrasting buttons. Now it fits and looks good with jeans.

By Norulesart from Sunny FL

This is a good idea. I have a lot of trouble with tee shirts. One size will fit more snuggley than I want and the next size larger is too large. I also have a real problem with the necks being way too large on my plus size tees. It is just like the manufacturers think if you are large sized, you need an extremely large neck. I do alter them, but I'm not always satisfied with the way they look.

Nice job! I also have the problem of T's not fitting well!

Nifty. Real nice. I always have a problem with tee shirts being too long.

You can fix the necklines by cutting a "V" into it and just sewing some cotton lace into the V. {you shorten up the neckline by pinning it in place to the size you want or just run a few stitches to hold it while you try it on for size}

It dresses up the T as well! {a tip from our old hippy days lol}

If you have a fav T that has gotten stained but still in good shape just tye dye it to cover the stains; you can also dye it with tea bags or coffee grounds.

To make the neckline smaller in a large size knit ladies blouse/t-shirt is easy. Use elastic cord and a big blunt pointed yarn needle. Push it through the binding on the neckline. When you get to the end gather the neckline as much as you need to then cut off the elastic leaving about 6" on both sides. Make an overhand knot. Let the ends dangle down inside your neckline. The extra length of the elastic ends will keep them inside your neckline.

White Men's T-shirt
Altering Men's T-shirts for a Woman
Crafts Clothing ShirtsSeptember 8, 2009
Cooking eggs for a large group.
Cooking Scrambled Eggs for a Large Group
Resizing a Hat
Resizing a Hat
Cross Stitch Pattern
Resizing a Cross Stitch Pattern
Sloppy joes for a large group.
Making Sloppy Joes for a Large Group
🎉
🎄