Determining the Value of Vintage Theater Seats

I have an antique set of four old theatre chairs in timber with a wrought iron base. The seats flip upright. It is in good condition and I have no idea what it would be worth and how to sell them. Any thoughts?

By Margaret from Qld

They could go from $5 a piece to $200. Occasionally they sell at auctions here pretty reasonably, but it depends on what part of the country you are from. I have seen people put them on their porches. If you can't get an answer here, post your question and picture on HGTV message boards under antiques. Quite often they have knowledgeable people on there to answer your question. Good Luck.

November 5, 2012 Flag

I have 40 wrought and cast iron seats they are in 5 seat units with wooden armrest and seats are padded. Is there a market for such and if so what are estimated values?

By Frank from Lima, OH

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have no idea of the value, but I do know that some friends of mine purchased theatre seats such as these for their home theatre room. I think you could sell them to others for the same sort of thing. You might have to advertize widely to get to the right market.

Consumer Advice Collectibles AntiquesNovember 21, 2010
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
Cleaning Boat Seats
Cleaning Boat Seats
Vintage Jukebox
Finding the Value of a Vintage Jukebox