Browsing: Moisturizing Tips and Techniques

Anti Aging Moisturizers

Does anyone know what the differences is between Oil of Olay versus Mary Kay products. Both seem to be good, but I would like to get one product and stick with it instead of switching all the time.
-penguin21

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

I don't know the difference between the two, but you can look at the ingreadent list and compare that way. Wish you would take a look at what I use. Cheaper than Mary K and Olay. I have used Aloe Vera products for years. I buy from www.aloetherape.com . Thier Aloe is grown in greenhouses in the USA and Aloe is so good for our skin. Whole leaf Aloe is the No. one ingreadent in the products. Great for moisturizing and retarding fine lines and wrinkles. I hope you take a look at the site and compare the ingreadent list and the price.

I have used MK for bout 6-7 years and even sold it for a couple of years. Their Time Wise cleanser and moisturizer is wonderful for all skin types. Since I stopped selling MK, I have tried many different products including Oil of Olay and have gone back to MK. Well worth the money.

I would ask your Mary Kay lady to explain the benefits of the product you're looking at, then go to the Oil of Olay website (http://www.oilofolay.com) and click on Olay products. There you can check out the benefits of the different products. There's also a tool that will help you figure out which one is right for you. (If your Mary Kay lady is worth her salt, she can do something similar. She shouldn't just try to sell you the most expensive stuff.) I would also check with your local Avon lady. They've got some good products too. I personally love their Retroactive + and Clinical creams. Whatever you decide, good luck!

From the point of view of the title of this question I would say neither! Despite the manufacturer's claims for creams and lotions to 'halt aging' or disguise the 'visible signs of aging' nothing applied to the skin will stop aging. The state of the skin is dependent on many things, overall general health, hormones, genetics, diet and sun damage to name a few. A regime from childhood of protecting the skin with clothing and sunscreen and a good diet, containing lots of fruit and vegetables, etc. will go a long way to preserving the skin. Spending large amounts of money on creams and lotions once most of the damage is done may make the skin feel nice and smooth but you can't hold back time! I think the best choice if you want to affect the suppleness of your skin in later age is to look at the regimes suggested by plastic surgeons to reduce the scarring for burns vistims - you can bet they aren't recommending expensive skin care products!

Regards

Jo

I tried to find that aloetherapie web site, along with other ways of spelling it, but I haven't had much luck. Oh, if I spoke Greek, I'd be fine! I found a lovely site that was Greek.*LOL*

February 23, 2008 Flag

Who can tell me the best moisturizer for fine lines and wrinkles?

Pam from Allen

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Key West Aloe products work great. They can be ordered from the Key West Aloe web site.

Best Answer

Any moisturizer will help dry skin. However, to prevent the appearance of aging, I have read in articles that were not selling anything that the only creams that actually work are those that contain retinol. Don't know if it's true, but I'm passing it on.

Best Answer

Obviously, there are many personal opinions here and I am sure that they are all absolutely correct...for that individual. I personally find that Modelle works best for me. Price point is middle of the road. My daughter was a cosmetician at a major drug store chain that sold many different lines. She found that every person will react differently to each product line. So try different lines until you find the one that works best for you. She often brought home free products from various product lines and I have tried the most expensive and found that they didn't work as well as my Modelle. She also found that the Olay line was the best in the lowest price point. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck!

Best Answer

I've noticed improvements after using rosehip oil. I, also, noticed improvements after I started using moisterizer with rosehip oil plus other all-natural ingredients.

I like the new Reversalist line by Avon & I'm still using Ethocyn which really works. Try everything though and see what works for you and your skin and your skin type. I also love Arbonne. Their products are wonderful.

Woman putting on Lotion
Moisturizing Tips and Techniques
Homemade Moisturizer in a jar near a fern leaf
Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
Anti Virus Software Search
Anti Virus Software Information and Reviews
A woman rubbing her skin.
Caring for Aging Skin
Anti-Wrinkle Mask Recipes
Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Mask Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 25, 2016 at 10:25:09 AM on 10.0.1.7 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.