StainsCleaning

Red Wine on "S" fabric couch

Category Stains

A guest spilled a glass of red wine on my ivory sofa. The fabric is labeled "S" for using only solvent based cleaners. I have tried GoofOff but it didn't help that much. Any suggestions? Thanks from Cynthia.

The only suggestion I have is to contact the manufacturer. I once had a white sofa and did not know until later that it could not be cleaned and maintain the fabric detail. If you don't want to recover the cushion (and you may be able to get the fabric from the mfg.), then you may have to result to a very lovely throw, and not serve red wine ever again (SMILE) I know it is not funny, but you can hide it if you can't get it out. Sad, but that's what happens with white. Sorry, I have nothing better, but at least you got some sort of answer.

I heard one time that when this happens you take white wine right then and pour on it. This takes all the red wine out.

I used to have a white white couch but when i purchased it i had a heavy duty oil guard put on it. this is not scotch guard. you should check into that for the future. I had three kids in the house between the ages of five and ten and all kinds of things happened to that couch . It all came out. I even used windex on it once and took out ink pen marks. I was amazed. the couch even got blood on it and it came out and with out using hydrogen peroxide. only soap and water. anyway sorry about this time but if you ever get white again that is what you have your couch or chair covered with. large furniture stores should be able to help you out.

I had a niece that hid berries between the cushion and seat of a white upholstered chair. The stain came out with a product called SolUMel made by Melaleuca. It will remove red wine stain from white carpet. We do this as a demo.I can tell you how to get the product if you write another post, since it is not available at any store.

As soon as you spill red wine you should pour heaps of salt onto the stain that will then get absorbed. If you try to clean it right away odds are you will only spread the stain over a larger surface.