Recommendations for Full Figured Bras

Can anyone tell me the name of a good uplifting bra for a full figure? All the straps on the bras I've tried seem to let me sag instead of holding me up.

By Joan from PA

Warners bras with an underwire are the best for me and I've been wearing them for close to 20 years. The styles, colors, and comfort beat anything else on the market. I don't like granny all cotton bras with a six inch back that give you pointy tips and I'm too top heavy for elastic straps, so Warners is my choice. They're a bit on the pricey side, about $30, but with hand washing and air drying, they last a good while. Good luck.

Any good department store (like Macy's, Dillards, Nordstrom's, Bloomingdales) will have professionals that work in the Bra area. This is done at no cost to the customer. You may need to call ahead & schedule an appointment. These gals are there to make sure you get the right bra & the exact fit your body needs. They fit women all the time, day after day, so no need to be embarrassed. When I was a young teen, my mother took me in to have one of these ladies help fit me into the correct bra.

You'll need an underwire bra for good support & also wide padded straps & no less than 4 hooks across the back. Also, Since you have large breasts you may want a bra called a "minimizer", many brands make them. This is what my large breasted sister wears & swears by. It's hard for anyone to come up with a good fitting bra for you over the internet because each women is built differently, but once you are professionally fitted with a bra, you can go to a store that sells the same bra for less money, OR better yet, go into one of these department store & be fitted during one of their "2 for one" bras sales.

Once you get professionally fitted for a bra, you'll wish you had done this years ago! You won't believe the difference in comfort! I will also contact my sister & see what brand she recommends. Good Luck!

Lane Bryant's Cacique line is fantastic and makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world. Full-figured or not!

Glamorise is good, as is Olga. Both can be had at most any department store and also at online stores like Bare Necessities. Both specialize in full figures. I'm frustrated that Glamorise doesn't make a bra in my size -- all theirs start a size up from me, but Olga's bras begin at my size, so I wear those and love them.

I must agree with shelleelorayne, Lane Bryant has great bras. I have a few Cacique brand bras and they are great. They run about $35, but you can check for sales (buy one, get one...) These bras will last you for years. I have lost weight and gained weight, had a few kids. My boobs have been threw a lot. I have given up on all bras when I found the Cacique bra. Now that's all I wear : )

Either Cameo or Figurette. One of these brands was bought out by the other but I cannot remember which. Ann's Bras in Shawnee Mission, Kansas carries them. I believe they have a website. The last time I bought them they were $50 each but I never sagged or had deep furrows in my shoulders and I was at least a II up to a JJ for 30 years until I finally had a breast reduction. Now it is sports bras and I never want to go back. I do remember the pain and discomfort and commisserate with you.

For me...Olga minimizer!

Lilyette Maximum Support Underwire #908 is the absolute best. Full support, comfortable, but still pretty. I wear a 40DDD so trust me, support is an issue! I have no desire for the minimizer bras which is mostly what you can find now days. (I find that NOT minimizing my bust, balances out my big fat fanny and tummy so...)

The best place to find these are at Maidenform.com and they run great specials. It would be best if you can find one in a brick & mortar store first so you know what size to get but they are fabulous with returns if you can't find one locally to try on. Getting properly sized at a decent lingerie department is essential, even if they don't have the bra you need. Once you know your true size, you will be better able to select a bra. Most gals make the mistake of increasing the band size instead of the cup size when the bra is too small. Good luck!

I went to Dillards once to be measured and their bras were to close to $100. Prices I can't afford.

I, too, am a full figure gal. Had your same problem. I went to a store that specializes in fitting bras. I learned that the straps are not to hold you up. I was wearing the worng size. I thought I was a 36c but they put me in a 34f and WOW all my problems were solved. I suggest you get fitted, usually free, or try to a smaller band size and a larger cup size. P'

Consumer Advice General AdviceFebruary 22, 2010
Three brightly colored bras in a row.
Saving Money on Bras
Bra isolated on a white background.
Washing Bras
a pretty bra
Craft Uses for Bras
vintage Barbie doll
Finding Value and Information About Barbie Dolls
🎄
🍂