BedroomDecorating

Planter Bedroom Wastebasket

Last weekend, when we purchased a new-to-us oak bedroom suite, I thought it would be a great idea to get a new wastebasket that also would look as great in the room as the new furniture. NOT... There are no wastebaskets to be found in our town that are an oak finish.

I found green, blue, red, pink, white, light brown wicker, dark brown wicker, tin, etc. But not anything that would blend in and complement the new oak furniture until... I walked through the garden center and found a clay pot that is glazed on the inside and took it home to find that it looks great beside my new dresser.

I will now make a liner for it, with an elastic top to fit over the rim of the pot (some of the wicker basket sets in the stores have those liners, just not with elastic, usually a tie instead). Now... on to the laundry basket.

valleyrimgirl