Owl Painted Gourd

One of the many gourds I have done. This features a large kettle gourd, cut open. The opening has been coiled with long SC pine needles. The process is actually a weaving technique, and adds a nice touch to many gourds.

The gourd has been hand painted with a snowy owl on the front. This is one of my signature pieces. All are numbered and dated.

By ilovegourds from Cheraw, SC

Very nice. Do you sell them?

Your creative talent is beautiful and appealing. What a refreshing idea.

Wow, you are a very talented person!

This is beautiful, although I have other artistic talents, unfortunately painting and drawing is not one of them. I so admire those who can paint like you!

A big round of applause to you! In my opinion, you deserve to win. Please, we want to see more. Do you give "how to paint gourd's" lessons? Do you grow your own gourds? Last year I started planting gourds. I'm not sure that I am drying them properly. Most unusual gourds are so much fun. Thank you so much for your post. Absolutely love it!

How lovely! You're one talented artist!

Grandma Jan & Kato the Wonder Dog

I would like to buy your painted gourds. That owl sure is pretty. Can you do horses, other birds, cats and dogs too? Thanks for your feedback.

Gorgeous owl...you're very talented! I too would love to purchase one of these from you. Please let me know if you are selling them and the price. Gigi

Thank you. Gosh ya'll are so nice to comment on Peek-A-Boo! He is one of my signature pieces, and I have 3 in private collections that folks have purchased from me. Yes I do sell most of any gourds. I love to coil,carve, I do chip carved pieces. My specialty is Gourd Purses. Prices of my purses start at 70.00,and go from there. Any purse that is carved,burned (pyroengraved)inlay work,they are more expensive. Gourds are a real time issue, and all of my pieces are labor intensive. But it is what makes them so unique, I feel any how.

I will take some time here and post other pieces I have done.Some of ya'll have asked about purchasing a Peek-A-Boo,selling price of Peek-A-Boo is 75.00.I will be leaving to go to NY on vacation the first part of July,will be gone until July 14th,and will be home (SC).

If you are interested in seeing more picture,please email me privately to:

handcraftedgourds AT yahoo.com That way I can reply and attach pictures to you in the email. This gourd that is pictures, is just a fun piece,purely decorative. It's titled "Penny Rug Welcome". Showing this will give ya'll an idea of my range of work, I've painted hundreds of gourds. Many Blessings

Michele

These painted gourds are just lovely. You are a talented painter and I hope you are selling your work! I envy you. I can't paint worth a darn and even have trouble with stencils! Put em out, people will buy. Go to a flea market or craft sales, and consignment shops. Good Luck! : D

Oh, see! I just read the other people who wrote in. They want to buy them. You've got your own business yet? If not, there you go! Again, good luck to you. : D

This looks gorgeous. Great work. Hope your selling to share your talent!

Painting Gourds
Crafts Made With Gourds
Crafts PaintingJune 7, 2009
Crochet Owl Note Hanger
Making a Crochet Owl Note Hanger
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making an Owl Costume
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Painted Chinese furniture.
Cleaning Painted Wood Furniture
🎉
🎄