Using River Rocks to Make Employee Appreciation Gifts

I bought a bag of river rocks. They are smooth. I'd like some ideas for making them into something for an Employee Appreciation Day we are having. I think I'd like something simple or decoupaged to enhance morale, as well as, saying "thank you" to each employee.

Please help me out with some unique ideas or with a web url you have favored. Thanks bunches.

By Glenda from Gordonsville, VA

Glenda:

Honestly, I would be totally insulted.

You would do better with donuts in the am, a catered lunch, a paid day off, gift certificates, scratch off Lotto tickets or even better, raises.

I agree with JennyJo 100%. Your idea of making trinkets with river rocks is way off base. Give something employees can use. I love the idea of a catered lunch. It doesn't have to be a gourmet spread but I bet everyone would appreciate it.

Well the appreciation day is something that isn't done by the company and I was trying to figure out something kinda like a keepsake for them. We have no funds for any activities for the employees so it was decided and agreed upon that we would all chip in for the food, charcoal, paper products etc. The site is free and the swimming area is free.

With that said I just wanted some neat ideas to try to put a smile on a few faces.

Think of a specific quality each person possesses, like integrity, courtesy, generosity, etc. and put that one word on the stone. Then write a note to each person explaining how much they are appreciated for being courteous, generous, honest, etc. That way, when they look at the stone, they will be reminded to continue with that trait and that they are appreciated for it!

I love the feel of river rocks. A paperboy used one and painted it to look like a turtle. I still have it. A few months ago, I was at a play where everyone got to choose a rock with one word painted on it (such as love, patience, etc.). I love it.

I think it's a great idea.

This is a wonderful idea, with little money spent, everyone will enjoy a thoughtful gift. wrap the stone in a small piece of gift basket wrap (at dollar store), and a piece of ribbon to hold it together, put a tag on it with the persons name and why this word pertains to them, I for one would love it,

Hesperus Necklace in spruce tree.
Crafts Using Rocks and Minerals
Crafts DecoupageJuly 3, 2010
Polished Rocks
Polishing Rocks
rock painted like cat
Painting Rocks
Moss on a rock wall.
Growing Moss on Rocks
thank you note ideas
Sending Thank You Notes
🎉
🎄