Iodine and Ball Point Pen Stains on Cream Leather Sofa

I have iodine and ball point pen ink stains on a cream leather sofa, do you know how I can get rid of them? It is not my sofa and I am freaking out.

Hairspray always takes out pall point pen. Since the couch is leather, this should be a safe way to try and get it out (you may want to spray a little on a part of the sofa that doesn't show to make sure!) As for the iodine, hopefully the hairspray will also take it out. Good luck. BTW, the type of hairspray doesn't matter.

Not sure about iodine, but I just used alcohol to get pen stains out of something. Whatever you use, be sure to test it first on an area of the couch that won't show. Any substance that will remove ink/iodine may also destroy the finish on the leather. Good luck!

Hairspray doesn't work.

My 18 month old has just used a blue ball point pen to draw all over my cream leather sofa! "again" my first attempts at moving them was with suggested methods which just faded the leather and pen marks. This morning I've noticed he'd done it again this time big round marks!

In a panic I just picked up my new buy from the betterware called the "pink stuff"(cleaning product) put a bit on a damp cloth,with the first wipe it was gone,i gave it a go on the previous marks and too they have disappeared, no scrubbing was needed and no damage to the leather-give it a go! literally one wipe and it was gone.

ps: I did however try it on my chairs which are faux leather. It only faded the pen marks so best works on real leather.

Why would you have Iodine on your sofa? For leather, lighter fluid on a cotton ball or a q tip works wonders, it will even take off perm. marker or blood in most cases. This will work for pen defiantly, probably for the Iodine also. Just wet a cotton ball with a moderate amount of zippo lighter fluid (or something very similar) and rub the stain until it lightens and disappears. Test a less visible part of the leather for colorfastness, esp. for dark colors. After the stain is gone wipe over the area with a damp rag and dry. It is best to clean the stain as soon as possible but even after the stain has set for a long period of time .you may be able to remove it. I probably would not try this with suede. For woven fabrics I would explore other options first.

photo of brown leather couch
Removing Pen from Leather Furniture
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureOctober 7, 2007
leather car seat
Removing Rust Stains from Leather
Woman hands using a upholstery attachment to wash a purple suede couch
Cleaning Pen Ink on a Suede Couch
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
End of a leather sofa with a lapton on seat.
Cleaning a Leather Sofa
🎄