Planning a Wedding on a $1,500 Budget

I need help with my wedding. I have the venue, for an awesome price. Now I would like to stay on a budget of 1,500 dollars. I welcome any and all help please. I live in the bay area so I welcome the help. My wedding date is 3/24/11.

By Toni from Oakland, CA

Best Answer

Also a lot of brides are renting their gowns, or go to Davids Bridal, it seems like they are always having gowns on sale for $99.00. Skip the dance and the big meal. Have the wedding/reception at at time of day where the guests won't expect any more than cake, coffee, tea, and punch, maybe ice cream. Ask cousins to be waiters and waitresses, instead of catering. Find a friend that can take good pictures and skip the professional photographer. Skimp on decorations, flowers, etc. Sometimes less is more. If you know anybody that is handy with flowers buy silk flowers and have that person make bouquets, ets. Oh yes, for the people that help with the reception, etc. you can buy them a momento. of the occasion.

Best Answer

That's not much, but certainly doable. I suggest looking at just what is most important to you in the wedding. Spend more of your money there, and cut out or cut back the rest. Centerpieces can just be simple votive candles that you get in bulk at a craft store with a few petals scattered around. Favors can be bulk candy that you wrap up in little squares of tulle with a ribbon. You can do your own flowers either by buying them online in bulk or making paper flowers. Project Wedding usually has a whole load of diy projects you can do. The only thing I suggest NOT doing yourself is music. Unless you have a friend who knows what their doing, a professional DJ will make a huge difference in the way the party is run.

Good Luck!

You said you have venue so I won't comment on that. My wedding was held at a college and we were able to get the cafeteria area real cheap so we could concentrate our funds on the cake and stuff. You could check at a college in your area or even a community center, church or banquet hall (especially if you or a family member are members).

Try face book for bakers or decorations. I post all of my cakes I make, as well as one of my friends. Post a message, you will be amazed how many people do things that you might need. Someone might have some decorations you can use. You can also try youtube for ideas. Go with what grows in your area, branches painted gold are free, hang your Christmas lights on them.

Get all types of clear vases at garage sales and fill with silk or real flowers for table decor.