Birch Wood Candle Holder

This candle holder is so versatile. We give them as house warming gifts, anniversary gifts, and just because we like our friends.

Use a length of birch wood or paint any piece of wood white. Level the bottom.

Carve out a hole in the top for the glass container. I find my glass candle holders at garage sales, but you can buy them at candle stores. Insert a votive candle.

At this point you can be finished, but I like to add a small amount of scrap scented candle.

Caution: Candle wax is hot when melted and you must carefully handled. Pour it over the votive and you will have a nice scented candle without making a candle if you don't know how.

You are now set for the finishing touches. You might want to give the candle holder as is or you can carve names or initials into the side. Enjoy

By Tedebear from San Jose, CA

Looks kind of dangerous to me. I'd like to see it a little shorter to prevent falling over and catching afire.

I think I would have to agree with the prior post. As pretty as it is I think the candle part you chose looks like it could so easily tip over since the base of it and the hole for it is very tiny. I have however seen the same idea in gift catalogs but they use tea lite candles in round tins for the candle topper which the hole for it is drilled in deeper which lessons risk of tipping over causing a fire, pretty idea though.

Sawing Wood Craft Project
Wood Craft Projects
Crafts Home DecorAugust 4, 2009
Toothbrushes in Holder
Cleaning a Toothbrush Holder
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Wood Knife Holder
Making a Kitchen Knife Holder
CD Candle Holder
Making a CD Candle Holder